Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
Imagine a World without Fear of Cancer… We do. Every Day.
You will integrate latest imaging technologies to the proton therapy system ProBeam.
- You are responsible for the integration of imaging technologies to the ProBeam product.
- You support specification of use cases and requirements.
- You design, develop, optimize, maintain and test features of the real-time control application for the imaging system. Your focus is on C++/VxWorks development.
- You test the developed software in the test lab and on clinical sites.
- You collaborate with our engineering teams for other ProBeam sub-systems (e.g. treatment application, motion control, embedded software, service tool) located in Germany, USA, Switzerland, and India.
- You are technical contact for third party suppliers developing outsourced components.
- You are in contact with product and project management, SQE, Tech Pub, Product Support, Field Service.
- You are travelling about 10-20%.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, electrical engineering or physics
- Experience of 3 years or more in industrial software engineering
- Very strong software development skills, passion for sustainable design, and interest in software architecture
- Strong committmend to safety and quality
- Willing to enhance your knowledge on radiotherapy
- Collaborate effectively on a team of likeminded people. You are resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas and have a strong attitude to "get things done"
- Sound understanding of hardware near development.
- Excellent communication skills
You are analytical, communicative and focused. You work structured and have an eye for details. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas.
Have we sparked your interest in a challenging and exciting position in a global environment with a potential for development? We look forward to receiving your application and CV. Someone somewhere will be glad you did. APPLY HERE