WinGD (Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd.) plays a vital role in powering the marine industry and shaping our environment. As a leading developer of two-stroke, low-speed gas and diesel engines, used to power merchant shipping, our people are driving solutions on a global scale. Our target is to set the industry standard for reliability, efficiency and environmental sustainability in marine propulsion.
WinGD-designed engines are manufactured under license worldwide. Headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since its inception in 1893, WinGD has preserved and continued the legacy of the Sulzer Diesel Engine business for excellence in design.
Our success in this ever evolving, competitive environment is based on the drive, innovation and passion of our diverse employee population, over 420 people worldwide, representing over 25 different nationalities. Together we work towards providing the solutions that will continue to revolutionize our industry.
WinGD is looking for a
- Creating and updating the operating and maintenance instructions in the team, using "Controlled English".
- Active participation in the transition from classic to digital documentation
- Independent information research in the specialist departments
- Structured and target group-oriented preparation of information
- Ensuring user-friendliness through usability tests
- Adapt 2D and 3D illustrations for technical user documentation, based on CAD data
- Helping out with the updating of spare parts catalogues.
- Practical experience in the application of operating and maintenance instructions
- Experience as/trained as a technical writer/designer/service technician
- Motivation to actively participate in the development of new working methods
- Motivation to work with modern editing systems and semantic structures
- English skills at least at B2 level, C1 or better preferred
- Structured approach and goal-oriented work
- An opportunity to shape the sustainability and environmental impact of the shipping industry. WinGD is on the leading edge of the technology which is shaping the future of the shipping industry
- A dynamic working environment, blending a long history of technology expertise with industry leading innovation across a global network
- Award winning and extraordinary products
- Multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams offering diverse perspectives and collaborative thinking
- Dynamic and interactive working conditions. WinGD offers a non-hierarchical, agile structure where input and ideas are welcome
- In-house technology training and professional development opportunities
Please click on the apply button to proceed with the upload of your documents.
For additional information about us, please visit www.wingd.com
or get in contact with the line manager