Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG - the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG is an innovative network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG offers its customers the best tools to make their life decisions. The portfolio includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, Car For You), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance and Insurance (financescout24.ch).
Become a part of SMG, join us in this exciting beginning and support our Real Estate team immediately or by agreement as our new
Data Engineer Real Estate f|m|d / hybrid work model 80-100%
About the position
- You will design and develop the data integration pipelines for the collection, storage and transformation of our data assets in the data lake, building upon our data technology stack (AWS, Snowflake, Airflow)
- You will ensure reliable operation and maintenance of the data infrastructure including orchestration of the cloud infrastructure, documentation, checks on data quality and operational efficiency
- You will set up ingestion frameworks and data contracts with stakeholders that own data-producing systems, such as software engineering teams
- You will maintain a data catalog to enable data-consuming stakeholders to discover, understand, trust and access our data assets
- You will contribute to building and improving data products (transformations, dashboards, logical data warehouse models etc.)
- You will help building the data platform of the future
What we are looking for
- Hands-on experience with data backends, proven record of deploying data pipelines
- Knowledge about data lineage, data transformation, data modeling, data storage, data access and data quality assessment techniques
- Experience working with high volume heterogeneous data
- Ideally, experience in setting up data contracts and data catalogs in exchange with stakeholders
- 3+ years of development experience, ideally in Python
- Hands-on knowledge of ELT and tooling (i.e. dbt, Airflow, Luigi, Prefect)
- Experience in modern cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, etc.
- Fluency in English
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons; explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, After-Work-Apéros, and regular company-wide events
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group is a digital pioneer that simplifies people's lives with groundbreaking products. We aim to meet the most demanding user needs with our marketplaces. We provide our customers with the best tools for them to be successful today and in the future. We are proud that our employees come from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds, and we actively encourage their development. Swissness, growth ambition, simplicity and digital innovation define our identity.