GE Renewable Energy's portfolio of solutions for hydropower generation includes the broadest range of hydro solutions and services: from water to wire, from individual equipment to complete turnkey solutions, for new plants and the installed base. At GE, we believe that the combination of our extensive hydro and digital intelligence makes GE Renewable Energy well-suited to serve the intense & ongoing energy transition. Smarter and more connected, GE's hydro plants no longer just generate power, they store it and deliver it to the grid with an unmatched level of predictability, flexibility and efficiency. GE is the largest player with 30% of globally installed base in hydro storage. The company's turbines and generators portfolio represent more than 25% of the total installed capacity worldwide and encompasses a wide range of solutions from 5 MW to 850 MW power per unit to meet a wide range of needs.
To strengthen our Team within our Engineering Competence center, we are looking for a Lead Engineer - Electrical Component, who will develop and test electrical components for new products such as windings and converter-fed machines. In addition, this individual will adapt existing product properties to changing market and environmental requirements. The role includes close collaboration with experts, HV lab facilities and supply chain as well as supporting project execution by providing advice, contributing to trouble shooting (RCA) and support the diagnoses team.
- Developing and testing of insulations system for large electrical machines
- Define test procedures for electrical components and leads supplier qualifications
- Provide technical support to worldwide manufacturing facilities as well as project execution
- Contributes to the definition of competitive common design concepts for Hydro Generators
At GE Renewable Energy, our Engineers are always up for the challenge - and we're always driven to find the best solution. Are you in?
- Electrical Engineer, BSc. or MSc.
- Technical experience of insulation system or electrical machines (or similar)
- Proven communication skills in both written and oral English
- Team player showing pro-activeness and sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and desire to work in an engineering and industrial environment
- Willingness to work in a global team with strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge in nonmetallic materials (optional)
- Knowledge in converter technology (optional)
- Communication skills in German (optional)
- Programming skills (optional
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.