Associate Director, Epidemiologist - (18000019) Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of
Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Associate Director, Epidemiologist.
The Epidemiology & Observational studies Group, as a key partner within the R&D division of Actelion and across the
broader real-world evidence (RWE) network of Janssen, serves the research community by generating knowledge about
disease, health service utilization, and the effects of medical products through the analysis of observational
healthcare (real-world) data. This position reports to the head of the Epidemiology & Observational studies Group.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without
disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us.
We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of
everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the
spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
- Assess needs, resources to create a product/indication area focused epidemiology strategy, with the collaborative
support of cross functional stakeholders
- Demonstrate expertise in epidemiological methods, define the research question and assess the most suitable data
source, with an emphasis on large electronic health record and health insurance claims databases
- Write study synopses, protocols and related documents, using epidemiological expertise and external input, as
- Accountable for data interpretation of results from epidemiology studies
- Develops expertise and medical/scientific knowledge in assigned therapeutic areas
- Provide expertise proactively to the Clinical Project Team/Life Cycle Teams
- Collaborate with internal or external biostatistics for statistical plans and analyses; with Clinical Project Teams
on feasibility assessment of clinical trials (e.g. support enrolment criteria, sample size calculation); with Global
Drug Regulatory Affairs (GDRA) to comply with Health Authorities requirements, notably on pediatric investigation
plans, orphan drug applications, risk management plans and submission of regulatory reports of ongoing post marketing
commitments, where appropriate
- Maintains excellent relationship with external clinical and epidemiological experts/advisors
- Present study methods and/or results to internal and/or external audiences, contribute to external congresses and
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology/public health. Other scientific degree may be acceptable, if associated with appropriate
- 8 to 11 years of epidemiology experience in academia, government or private sector/pharmaceutical industry, notably
in large electronic health record and health insurance claims databases
- 4 to 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical company or contract research organization for pharmaceutical industry,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of drug and clinical development process
- Up to date knowledge of quality standards and regulatory requirements for epidemiology studies
- Ability to work under pressure and lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to work as part of a team, including remote and multidisciplinary teams
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your
: Clinical Development
: Jan 24, 2018