Please refer to jobwinner.ch in your application
Play an active role in shaping our future!
UPC, a leading TV and broadband provider, grants two million households in Switzerland access to the world of entertainment. The company belongs to the Liberty Global Group and inspires and impresses employees and customers alike with innovative products and services. It connects people to the digital world and enables them to discover and experience its endless possibilities.
Join the analytics team that is changing a company!
Advanced Analytics is a specialist team focussed on creating end-to-end machine learning solutions which maximize customer satisfaction and drive financial performance. The team’s core focus is on Swiss and Austrian markets but is increasingly providing thought leadership and expertise across Europe and the Americas.
The team is looking for exceptional individuals who are relentlessly curious and passionate about the power of data to change how organizations think and operate. As part of the team you will be performing the following activities:
- Support key decision makers throughout UPC with action-oriented models and insights
- Analyze customer profiles and movements and build models to predict customer behavior (e.g. customer churn, next best offer, NPS)
- Proactively explore and exploit large amounts of data to create, test and deploy machine learning solutions
- Lead and develop end-to-end data-science projects from data sourcing and preparation (quality check, integration) to delivery of the final operational product
- Tackle tough business problems and use data to help find a solution
- Contribute to the development of the Business Intelligence capability and ensure the data infrastructure meets the company’s needs
You will have:
- A University degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative area (e.g. science, economics, mathematics)
- Experience in analysis involving large amounts of data with tools like R, MATLAB, python, etc.
- Strong background in machine learning and data mining - Experience with databases (SQL), and data management
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, R-Shiny, ClickView, Spotfire - Keen interest in understanding business problems
- Strong organisational skills and take a structured approach to problem solving. You ably manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities, from concept to delivery
- Exceptional motivation, be a true team player and enjoy working in a multicultural environment. You will exhibit exemplary communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Fluency in English and good command of German
For this position we do not consider applications submitted by recruiting agencies.
At UPC you will be working in an exciting and dynamic international work environment. We can offer you an attractive salary, good benefits and the opportunity to develop within the company. Take the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the future of television, internet and telephony in Switzerland. We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application.