We are currently looking for a Team Leader Formulation Process Engineer (m/f/d) to join the Formulation and Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
- Leading and managing a team of Formulation Process Engineers.
- Developing and optimizing manufacturing processes for new Crop Protection products from development stage to large scale manufacture.
- Providing process engineering expertise for the design of formulation, and fill & pack manufacturing facilities; with a clear focus on safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
- Deliver the scale-up of formulation processes from lab to full-scale manufacturing, ensuring process safety, health and environmental issues are fully anticipated.
- Develop and sustain technical and leadership capabilities within the team.
- Lead technology transfer activities to Syngenta sites and third-party tolling operation, act as technical lead in product establishment teams, and be a member of the technical start-up team for new processes and equipment.
- Plan, allocate and coordinate formulation process engineering resources to successfully deliver product development projects.
- Apply formulation engineering processing expertise in order to assist troubleshooting or optimization of processes at manufacturing sites to identify solutions that improve capacity, quality and cost efficiency.
- Chemical or Process Engineer with more than 5 years' experience in a chemical production and/or process development environment.
- University or equivalent degree in chemical engineering or process engineering.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and German.
- A first experience in leading people and experience in project management is an advantage.
- Ability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business as well as the capability to work independently.
- Ability to spend around 20% of time on business travel across the year, mostly in Europe for short durations (Typically 2-3 days)
What we offer:
What we offer:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture