Accounting Manager [digital & people enthusiast] f|m|d (Zurich or Flamatt - Hybrid Work Model 80 -10
Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
Become a part of our winning team at SMG.
We hire the best digital talents to meet the highest demands of our users and customers in Switzerland. In return, we offer you an attractive, innovative, friendly and fast-paced work environment where you can reach your full potential, achieve your goals, and your successes are celebrated.
Join us in this exciting new role and support the SMG Finance department as our new digital & people-centric Accounting Manager.
Besides crunching numbers and mastering accounting topics, we want you to focus on the people in the team and drive the current processes into a more digital world.
In this role, you will become Deputy to the Head of Accounting (e.g. during a sabbatical or military service) and take over part of his current tasks. This position combines both the role of an accounting specialist and a project/people manager. On a daily basis, you will interact with your finance colleagues ranging from the Head of Accounting (no surprise there I guess), Director of Accounting, Team(-leads), Consolidation, Corporate Finance, our CFO, FP&A, subsidiaries, verticals, and auditors.
- Sparring partner and deputy for the Head of Accounting
- Preparation of financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual) together with the Financial Accounting Team
- Oversee all daily accounting operations for the integrated entities (SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG, Casasoft AG, Ricardo AG, Car For You AG)
- Specialist and internal consultant for all accounting matters such as IFRS, Swiss Code of obligation, tax, transfer pricing
- Conceptual work for complex and non-recurring accounting transactions
- Quality reviews, GAAP compliance and active involvement in audits
- Back-up and coach for fellow teammates
- Project work/project management responsibilities (Integration of new entities, ICS, taxes, process improvements, ERP Abacus development, IFRS Topics, IPO,...)
- min. 3 years in a big four audit sector (at least senior level) or solid experience in accounting with closing responsibilities
- strong knowledge in areas of accounting and processes, ICS, tax and accounting standards, IFRS, Swiss GAAP FER, SCO
- project and people management experience
- Dipl. Wirtschaftsprüfer/CPA or equivalent (experte in Rechnungswesen und controlling) fully or partially completed
- successfully completed studies in accounting & finance (Universität/FH/HF)
- very good MS-Excel knowledge
- Abacus and Google workspace knowledge is a plus
- you speak fluently German and English, French would be a plus
- advanced command of digital communication, collaboration and documentation tools
- to a high degree independent, autodidact and a reliable person
- curious, versatile and very flexible regarding tasks and areas of responsibility
- positive mindset and a can-do mentality
Benefits you'll love and why you should join our Finance Department
Your new team and the people you work with will consist of an international and diverse group of fantastic people.
We live a hybrid working model with a lot of flexibility between working from home or at the office.
You are welcome to work in our modern and spacious office in Zurich, Zug, Flamatt or from your own home.
In addition, SMG offers you:
- 6 weeks of holidays (with the possibility to buy up to 10 additional days)
- 40-hour week (flexitime with a cap at 45 hours ? We take work-life balance seriously)
- 4 months' notice after the probationary period
- SBB Half-Fare Card
- You travel 1st class between SMG sites in Switzerland
- 18 weeks maternity and 6 weeks paternity leave (also in case of adoption)
- Professional accident and supplementary insurance (100% covered by SMG)
- Independent counselling centre for personal and psychological problems
- Gender-neutral fair pay with clearly defined career profiles
- Windows Notebook + 2 monitors for your home office
- Choose your mobile phone (iPhone or Samsung)
- Free Gym Facilities (Flamatt office only)
If you are looking for an environment where you can grow professionally, lead your efforts towards growing your career, balance work and life habits and have a pleasant, enthusiastic environment, look no further and apply now.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people’s lives with groundbreaking products.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. provides customers with the best tools to meet their life decision needs. The portfolio includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, Car For You), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance & Insurance (financescout24.ch). The company is owned by TX Group AG (31%), Ringier AG (29.5%), La Mobilière (29.5%), and General Atlantic (10%).