Desktop Support Engineer (Level 1)
Only Swiss based candidates will be considered.
Experis Switzerland is looking for a Level 1 Desktop Engineer. Our client is a consultancy company and the end-client is an international pharmaceutical company. It is a temporary assignment based in Nyon, with a potential extension.
Do you have the right skillset and can start immediately, read on and apply!
- Location: Nyon
- Start Date: 1st of February
- Duration: 6 - 12 months (an option for extension)
The Desktop Support Engineer will provide day to day local\ remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software, and application issues in a ticketing system. The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center.
- Ideal candidate should have 1-2 years' experience in Windows Desktop support.
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms
- Basic knowledge of Mac operating system, to support Apple pc users
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or, equivalent experience or better
- Willing to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Communicative personality
- Excellent French & good English skills
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Work with Third Party Vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application
- Mobile device management including IOS and Android devices, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory
Apply today to secure your chances in this interesting opportunity. Should you require additional information, please contact Marc Kaars on +41 44 229 99 44. Only Swiss based candidates will be considered.
Experis is Europe's leading recruitment agency. Experis has more than 200 currently open vacancies and we will be more than happy to find the perfect role for you!
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch and connect to me on LinkedIn or Xing.
Linkedin/ Xing: Marc Kaars Sijpesteijn