Software Architect: Mobile Robotics (m/f/x)
What does the role involve?
- Co-Lead System Architecture of the next generation software platform for mobile construction robotics.
- Evaluate best practices and possible solutions, lead the design and documentation of the next generation system software.
- Collaborate and work with a team of internal and external developers to deliver.
- Implement "best practices" for design, development and documentation and maintain high code quality.
- Work with internal and external suppliers of relevant technologies and ensure easy integration.
- Willingness to learn and to become part of a very dynamic high-performing international team at a highly reputable global organization.
What you need is:
Degree in Robotics, Computer science, Mathematics or a comparable qualification
10+ years of experience in software development (e.g. complex embedded systems), a strong track record as a software architect, and preferably working experience in a team leader role within the area of mobile robotics
Strong practical experience with programming languages C++, Python and software development methods
Practical experience with ROS, ideally gained through the industrialization and commercialization as well as deployment of robotic solutions is a great plus
Good understanding of development lifecycle
Broad understanding of systems architecture (hardware & software) as well as in integrated support systems (e.g. autonomy, safety, localization) and development lifecycle.
Outstanding communication skills, strong command of English (spoken and written), German is optional
Your working style is proactive and you have a "getting-things-done" approach
You have strong interpersonal skills to successfully perform in a global matrix environment, excellent stakeholder management skills)