The DB Administrator is responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the DB infrastructure. The role is accountable for providing L1 or L2/L3 technical support (depending on your experience) from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Unix and Storage.
• Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause.
• Perform maintenance activities on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends
• Partner with peer operations team, Storage, Networks, Unix and application support during production problems and on assigned projects as required
• Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies around incident, problem and change management and best practices
• Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment.
• Database Life Cycle management project – Deployment, Configuration, Migration and Decommission.
• End to End Planning, co-ordination and execution of the projects individually as per the timelines.
• Data Center knowledge with respect to set up of new RAC, Data Guard, backups and DR tests.
• Experience in handling multi-terabyte databases on various Oracle version 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c over different OS platforms (mainly Solaris and Linux).
• Skills to support 1st Level Support Team, server teams, Storage and users for BAU day-to-day support.
• Extended support on weekends, Quarterly Maintenance Window, DR tests, Power downs and other major activities.
• Hands on experience in using RMAN (Full, incremental and archive backups), clone methodology (normal/duplicate), refresh using RMAN and good knowledge of using DISK and TAPE level backups.
• Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting standby databases. Mandatory to have worked on Data Guard setup to do switchover, failover operations.
• Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Streams.
• Hand on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle RAC (single node, multi-node).
• Working knowledge in using GRID control to manage large databases.
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
• Hands on experience in query tuning, Optimizer concepts, knowledge of statistics, plan basics and advisor knowledge.
• Hands on experience in using EXP and DATAPUMP technology to do the schema/table/database refreshes.
• Hands on knowledge on ASM storage to be able to troubleshoot diskgroup/disk issues.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.