Burckhardt Compression is the worldwide market leader for reciprocating compressor systems and the only manufacturer and service provider that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Its customized compressor systems are used in the upstream oil & gas, gas transport and storage, refinery, chemical, petrochemical and industrial gas sectors. Burckhardt Compression’s leading technology, broad portfolio of compressor components and the full range of services help customers around the world to find the optimized solution for their reciprocating compressor systems. Since 1844 its highly skilled workforce has crafted superior solutions and set the benchmark in the gas compression industry.
For our newly created department, we are looking for an initiative and committed personality for the location in Switzerland in Winterthur or in Germany in Neuss. Remote working is possible for both locations.
Data Engineer 100 % (f/m/d) – Let’s build the foundation for smart compression together
At Burckhardt Compression, we are the leading experts for reciprocating compressor systems, trusted by clients across industries and the globe. Now, we are going a large step further and are building an interdisciplinary team to create industrial compression’s digital future. This is your chance to make something entirely new and work in an agile, data-driven, and fast-paced environment with the network and benefits of an industry-leading company.
Who we are looking for
We are building smart solutions that range from connecting and monitoring compressors all the way to optimizing operations, predicting, and automating repairs. To do that, we need you, a data engineer, to be part of our newly established team.
- Build the future of industrial compression solutions together with a newly established interdisciplinary and data-driven team
- Translate business and customer needs into data collection, preparation, and processing requirements
- Connect compressors and build the foundation for improving operations and maintenance of these impressive, large-scale, and long-running machines
- Design, implement and maintain standardized production-grade data pipelines using modern data transformation processes and workflows
- Support the development of an enterprise-scale cloud-based data lake
- Implement automated tests to ensure precision/recall and runtime performance of data pipelines
- Develop an enterprise-scale cloud-based Data Lake
- Working with parallel databases and parallel query processing
- You will be working in systems SAP (R3, BW), Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft BI, Siemens Teamcenter PLM, Microsoft AZURE, Amazon AWS
- Degree in data or software engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience as a data engineer, preferably in an industrial company, with experience in handling large data sets and high-frequency data
- Analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to assimilate complex information
- Proven ability to synthesize complex data advanced technical skills related to data modelling, data mining, database design and performance tuning
- Programming experience in modern data-oriented languages (e.g., Python, SQL)
- technical skills in data modeling, data mining, database design and performance tuning
- Willingness to acquire additional system/technical knowledge as needed
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark and DevOps is beneficial.
- High quality mindset paired with strong customer orientation, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Understanding of data processing at scale
- Proactive, creative and innovative
What we are offering
We are offering exciting technical and business challenges and development opportunities within a diversified and international environment. You can expect a competitive salary package, attractive working conditions, such as the opportunity to work remotely from home a few days a week. You can also expect a pragmatic, open company culture. We look forward to receiving your meaningful application.
Do you like what you see?
Are you excited to shape the future digital offerings for one of Switzerland's largest mechanical engineering companies? Then we are looking forward to getting to know you.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents.
Burckhardt Compression AG | Location Winterthur I
Ursula Meierhofer | Tel. +41 52 261 53 75