About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europes leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet the ideal constellation to bring R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Scientific Associate to join our Sterile liquids and semi-solids Clinical Manufacturing Unit !
You will be part of a project to start a new clinical manufacturing unit to support in-house development and manufacturing of sterile liquids and semi-solids dosage forms. You will integrate a team and participate in activities supporting the Clinical Manufacturing unit readiness (e.g. validations activity including room qualification, equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, media simulation, etc.)
Your main tasks will consist in :
- Drafting SOP and review of relevant documentation link to the new facility
- Finding the Formulation and manufacturing process development of liquid forms under aseptic conditions/Planning and execution of experiments and IPC tests
- Manufacturingbatches and documentation of the manufacturing process according to cGMP for clinical trials and beginning of commercial
- Writing technical development documentation, incl. the first assessment of the results; support drafting of master batch records, archiving
- Doing the operation / cleaning of rooms and equipment according to SOPs
- Contributing to manufacturing and cleaning procedures, reports and instructions and / or SOP's and to the evaluation of new manufacturing or lab equipment
- Supporting inspections by internal or external authorities
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy / chemistry with minimum 3 years of industrial experience or Education as a laboratory technician, with more than 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical formulation development combined with cGMP manufacture. Knowledge in microbiology is an advantage.
- Profound technical knowledge in liquid filling (syringes and vials) and aseptic practices
- Solid experience in optimizing existing processes and contributing to new process development
- Good know-how of technical tools along with sufficient knowledge of software and computer tools
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Team spirit, good communication skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary team including external suppliers and scientists
- Sense of responsibility, accuracy and ability to perform various task with little guidance
- Readiness to work in cGMP environment (with respective clothing, hygiene and behaviour requirements) and to work in personal protection equipment in a highly challenging environment for extended time (e.g. full-face masks, gloves etc. in grade A and B
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunitiesfor development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous benefits
- WorkLocation:BaselArea - Allschwil
- Business Area:Pharmaceutical Development - GMP Clinical Manufacturing Units
- Job Type:Permanent
- Job ID:1969
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.