AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation. We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.Making Future
Become a part of a success story and join our Finance Team as.
HEAD OF FINANCE MIDDLE EAST & SWITZERLAND, BUSINESS AREA THERMAL POWER - ZURICH
reporting and working closely with the Division CFO.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage completion of monthly financial reporting and forecasting for 4 consolidated entities
- Preparation of annual budgets in partnership with the Swiss Leadership Team
- Complete business analyses including EBITA and budgetary variance analyses
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of financial results and financial processes’ efficiency.
- Determine and analyze monthly budget variances and suggest corrective actions.
- Guide, train and support the business team
- Implement and monitor SOX financial controls and procedures ensuring sound internal control procedures
- Coordinate audit and resolve audit issues with public accounting firms
- Develop and maintain financial procedures and policies’ register
- Ensure effective communication with our internal/external partners (auditors, headquarters, operations and management) as well as the top management team coming from different cultural backgrounds.
- Promote the awareness of financial best practices and controls and ensure continuous training of employees
- Running the Project Management Office for BA Thermal Power in Switzerland & the Middle East
- Detailed cultural awareness and more than 20 years working experience in on of the following Middle East Countries: UAE, Oman, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Qatar.
- Detailed understanding and working experience of the GAZT system of Saudi Arabia
- Having worked with one of the Big 4 Consulting Companies is a must
- Post graduate degree in finance and accounting or equivalent like Swiss CPA.
- At least 20 years professional experience within a consulting and engineering environment
- At least 10 years experience running a Project Management Office
- Expert in Excel and in an ERP system (Deltek-Maconomy/Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus)
- Good knowledge of accounting IFRS
- Strong acumen of costing and inventory valuation methods
- Excellent analytical, synthetic, and solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit
- Proficient level of oral and written English, Asian languages are an asset
We offer: Autonomy and high individual responsibility. Co-operative and friendly work environment. Modern terms of employment. Flexible working model. Excellent social benefits. Attractive development perspectives.
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Please note that we will not consider applications via recruitment agencies for this vacancy.