About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
We are looking for a Global Medical Director to join our team.
Reporting to the Global Medical Affairs Vice-President for Insomnia, the Global Medical Director for Daridorexant is responsible for implementing and executing the global medical affairs strategy for insomnia and driving activities that will lead to successful launches in US, EU and Japan.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Member of the Global Medical Affairs team, driving implementation of the Daridorexant Medical Affairs strategy and execution of plans.
* Build and develop peer-to-peer relationships with the relevant Key Opinion Leaders, while collaborating with Global Clinical Development on interactions with investigators participating in clinical trials, investigator meetings and advisory boards.
* Manage innovative insomnia related real world evidence (RWE) generation programs & investigator sponsored studies with centers of excellence.
* Closely collaborate with Global Clinical Development to provide input in the design of Phase IIIb and IV trials.
* Develop and implement a novel scientific communication plan for Daridorexant , and contribute to the medical/scientific review of manuscripts.
* Accountable for the medical/scientific review of scientific communication platforms, medical information resources, medical education materials & marketing materials.
* Develop product specific training for Medical teams in the countries to deepen the product and scientific knowledge within insomnia, and create informative medical decks for external use.
* Communicate in a compelling manner the medical value of the asset, inside and outside Idorsia, such that it generates excitement and enthusiasm.
* Ensure on all levels cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Regulatory, Drug Safety, Market Access, and Research & Development.
The Global Medical Director will be co-located with the rest of the Global Medical Affairs & Commercial leadership team at the company headquarters in Allschwil/Basel, Switzerland. The Global Medical Director will be an experienced medical affairs professional with a strong, successful track record in RWE generation, scientific communication and product launch strategy execution. The successful candidate will have the agility to operate in a dynamic, science-driven environment and build bridges into new functional areas. Specifically, s/he will demonstrate the following:
* MD - PharmD or PhD (MD preferred), minimum 8-year experience in pharmaceutical industry predominantly in the medical affairs function with a demonstrated record of excellence
* Experience in CNS and, ideally, insomnia
* Track record of successful product launches in US and EU with experience in a medical affairs role at country level and regionally and/or globally
* Solid experience in RWE and scientific communication
* Strong publication record is an advantage
* Experience in the US or in the Japanese pharmaceutical market is a plus
* Cutting edge scientific knowledge, strong business acumen and robust understanding of regulatory space
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Basel Area - Allschwil
Business Area: Global Commercial Operations
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2560
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.