Head of Commercial Development - (1800002O) Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson
& Johnson, is recruiting for Head of Commercial Development . As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of
Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways
to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most
promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Actelion is a leader in the field of
pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO
Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications. Job Responsibilities The
Head of Commercial Development, reporting to Actelions Head of the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO),
leads the development, communication and roll-out of the TAs long-term business strategy and provides an aligned
commercial perspective to the Global TA. Working within cross-functional and highly matrixed teams the Head of
Commercial Development guarantees connectivity among key global functions across both the GCS organization, the R&D
organization, Business development and other key regional and global internal stakeholders to ensure that commercial
imperatives are incorporated into Global plans and actions. In addition, the Head of Global Commercial Development will
undertake the role of managing the Actelion based GCSO team who work in partnership with the Neuroscience TA,
supporting ponesimod and Zavesca. Key Tasks
- Helps define the Global TA vision and is responsible for establishing the commercial strategies for the pipeline
compounds in full collaboration with key Global, Regional and Local stakeholders, and where appropriate Alliance
- Drives the development of Actelions business in key white space markets, principally in the Asia Pacific Region
(India & S.Asia, further expansion in China and Indonesia) plus a small number of selected LATAM markets (Chile &
- Interacts and engages with Research, Development and the Business Development teams, as the Early Development
Commercial Input Lead, to define new spaces and opportunities for the TA.
- Ensures the interests of Global Commercial Organization are always fully reflected in early and mid-stage
development programs and any new business development opportunities.
- As a member of both the Global Commercial Team (GCT) and the Actelion Portfolio Team (APLT), a team consisting of
Research and Development, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, and Global Commercial Strategy (Strategic Marketing, Market
Research, Global Strategic Analytics, and Health Economics & Pricing) develops and executes the strategy for TA.
- Collaborates closely with the HEMAR team to ensure that all Health Economic considerations are fully incorporated in
our plans for early to mid-stage assets to ensure optimised access, pricing, and reimbursement within the evolving
- Interacts with Business Intelligence, Market Research and Analytics group to ensure that the right consumer insights
are collected and inform the development assets TPP.
- Acts as a business ambassador for the company interacting with a multi-stakeholder portfolio across potential
partner companies, other TAs in Janssen and the regions in order to increase company/ brand awareness and reputation.
- Manages the Team responsible for Actelions Neuroscience assets (ponesimod & zavesca) and works in a collaborative
way with the Janssen Neuroscience TA. Will become a member of the joint-TA steering committee.
- Works to ensure a smooth handover of the Commercial Leadership for a development asset with the Global Strategic
Marketing group as each asset moves into late stage development (typically Phase 3)
- Is accountable for Commercial Development budget and developing a culture of financial management excellence within
their team. Ensures transparency and availability of budget and resource information for appropriate personnel.
- Progresses critical commercial strategy decisions throughout appropriate Global and Regional governance committees.
- Proactively engages across J&J sectors (Consumer, MD&D, Janssen) to share plans and customer insights and to explore
adjacencies and synergies within the TA.
- Co-ordinates in partnership with regional NBD input and forecast modelling for Global L & A and M & A.
- Is an inspirational leader applying networking and collaboration competencies across the teams.
- Ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day-to-day interactions of the TA Team.
- A highly seasoned (>15-20 years) global Pharmaceutical professional with a strong mix of both Global Strategic
experience and hands-on operational business building in multiple markets.
- Deep experience of building orphan drug businesses in key emerging markets, ideally with an APAC focus.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and building successful businesses in China, ideally via both partnerships
and corporate acquisitions.
- A proven ability to work effectively across both the Commercial interface with R&D and across global commercial
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your
: Mar 8, 2018