Regional Security Operations Lead
Your role :
Are you able to manage a complex and challenging operational cyber-security environment? Are you able to work under pressure? Can you think creatively and innovate new ideas? Do you have what it takes to build a world class Security Operations Center (SOC)? We are looking for a Regional Head of SOC in Zurich who has:
- An excellent combination of technical and management skills
- Extensive experience in handling security incidents
- Eagerness and creativity to improve team spirit, incident handling and defined processes
You will be leading a regional team of security specialists and report directly to the Global Head of the SOC and will work in close collaboration with your colleagues in the Cyber Security and IT departments.
Your team :
You will be working as the lead for the regional Security operations Center in Singapore. The SOC is a global team with people in Singapore, Hyderabad, Zurich and New Jersey and manages various types of information security incidents (phishing, malware, denial of service, inappropriate usage and unauthorized access). We are a young and empowered team who constantly strives for continuous improvement.
- Lead and encourage a team of cyber security specialists to maximize their capabilities to the fullest potential
- Identify and establish synergies within the SOC and between other teams
- Empower the team to "hunt" for undetected nefarious activity and other types of sophisticated attack methodologies
- Coordinate routine in-house training sessions that promote the exchange of technical knowledge amongst analysts
- Serve as a central figure for approving new use-cases and content development to be implemented into a production environment
- Create a competitive culture that drives the team to go the extra mile
- Drive continuous improvements through the creation of new processes and the enhancement of existing ones
- Coordinate the team's participation in critical security incidents
Your experience and skills :
- A natural ability to solve complex issues with analytic and lateral thinking
- Strong operational leadership skills combined with a comprehensive understanding of technology
- A Master's of Science with 3+ years of experience, a Bachelor's of Science with 5+ years of experience, or 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in incident response; possessing the ability to lead and coordinate an incident response team during critical security incidents
- Familiarity with security processes in a large organization, including the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of standard operational procedures (SOPs), incident and problem management, and change requests.
- A self-starter with a proactive mind set and a "can-do" attitude
- A natural leader who inspires and coaches people
- Innovative, creative and take the initiative to improve
- You are passionate about security and see this opportunity as your hobby - not just a job
- A confident communicator that can explain technology to a non-technical audience
- Someone who can constantly challenge the status quo for the sake continuous improvement
- Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
- Fluent in English
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland