Technical Lead, Oyster Lab by Alpiq
Oyster Lab is the incubator of Alpiq, one of the leading energy companies in Switzerland and the largest energy services provider with a European orientation. We are an international team of engineers, designers, data scientists, researchers and energy experts based in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland. We reimagine energy as a digital consumer product to improve people’s lives.
We are now looking for a Technical Lead who shares our entrepreneurial spirit, and lives and breathes excellent software engineering. You will contribute to turning Oyster Lab into one of the fastest and most innovative company builders in the energy and e-commerce sector.
• Build and deliver technical prototypes to validate our hypotheses.
• Conduct code and architecture reviews to ensure that everything is clean, maintainable and scalable.
• Design and execute Oyster Lab’s overall technology strategy and vision.
• Manage engineering team, including talent hiring and development.
• Foster an agile mindset and coach other engineers to improve their skills.
• Promote Oyster Lab in relevant communities, events and conferences.
• At least 5 years of programming experience of backend or mobile applications.
• Experience in one or more of the following: JVM, Objective-C, Swift, Scala, Play, Docker, Akka, Kubernetes, RDBMS databases, Trusted Platform Module.
• Experience with building and/or running scalable applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS.
• Experience in leading agile engineering teams and collaborating with product development.
• General interest and experience with distributed systems and RESTful APIs.
• Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture, DevOps and web services, and a strong interest in further development. Ability to quickly acquire skills in technologies not familiar with.
• Effective communication skills and an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
• A degree in computer science, mathematics or another similar discipline.
• English language fluency.
Oyster Lab utilizes human-centered design to understand people’s emerging needs, and combine it with engineering innovations to build superior products and services - often enabled by deep technologies and scientific research - that are then shipped to the market rapidly.
Join our international team of people who are strategic, transparent, supportive and encouraging. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about a variety of topics related to the nuts and bolts of engineering and product innovation.
We offer competitive salary with low tax rates, flexible working hours, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, hardware of your choice, and much more. Our office space lies within easy walking distance of central Zurich, Europe’s wealthiest city and #2 of the most liveable cities in the world.
Mr Reto Röllin
T: 062 286 72 50