Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Position title: Sales Representative
Location: Central Region Switzerland, West Switzerland and South of Germany
The Sales Representative is accountable for managing all customers (e.g. wholesalers, department stores, traditional trade retailers) executing sales programs, helping to deliver targeted top line sales revenue for our various brands within the pre-set territory and assigned accounts. Maximizes the availability of our stationary and office products in the traditional channel wholesaler and retail accounts consistent with our brand strategy. Emphasize on superior placement, new product introduction, pricing and promotions execution within the territory and accounts represented. Builds strong customer relationships at the buyer/proprietor level. Participates in on-the-job learning and training. Delivers results while maintaining the highest level of integrity. Fosters an environment that generates breakthrough ideas and leads a collaborative and open organization that lives the values of Newell Brands.
* Execute the annual operating plan, meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets to grow both the customer's and Newell Brands' business
* Establish credibility with the customer through demonstrating knowledge of the marketplace, key business drivers for respective product categories and the target consumer in stationary and office products market
* Share customer (buyer) / consumer / end user feedback with the appropriate sales and marketing teams
* Use market insights, and customer POS data to identify and drive incremental sales opportunities
* Identify key influencers and hierarchy at the customers and develop strong trade relationships to leverage their capabilities to maximize sales and service to the consumer
* Deliver timely communication to the customer base on new products, pricing, promotions and flawlessly execute sales, channel and brand marketing initiatives in his/her territory
* Address customer concerns/needs and elevate as appropriate to sales management
* Track daily/monthly sales numbers and participate in demand planning to constantly improve forecast accuracy for his/her territory
* Completed commercial training
* Minimum 2 years of sales experience, some experience working in the traditional retail and wholesale business would be an advantage
* Fluent German (preferably including Swiss and South-German dialect) and good level of English for in-company communication and French for West-Switzerland
* High level of drive, enthusiasm and passion to win
* An initiative taker who can meet/exceed targets
* Strong negotiation skills and commercial orientation
* Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
* Acts with integrity; conducts business fairly, honestly, and ethically
* Proficient in MS Office Programs (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Valid driver's licence
* Average 70% travel required - varies from 0% to 100% in some weeks
What we offer:
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands is a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally and we encourage development on a professional and personal level. You will be working with some of the best known brands in the world and you will have colleagues who are highly motivated and competent. You can count on their support to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Are you interested? If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site. Alternatively, go to our career site at jobs.newellbrands.com, enter the Reference Code 1704148 in the field "Keyword", click "GO", then click the name of the position and "Apply Now".
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.