As a Site Buyer you will execute sourcing process for all relevant IM&S categories for the site and identify and reduce risk to bring the required supply of goods and services within corporate guidelines and local policies. You will report to the Procurement Manager and you will be located in Kemptthal.
Source and Market Research
- Guide the sourcing process by developing intimate knowledge of selected commodity markets through study, analysis, personal contacts with suppliers,
- and any other sources of market information.
- Analyse trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decisions.
- Advise and assist other functions in the evaluation and pricing of alternative materials. Advise on trade practices, pricing, market conditions, delivery
- terms, and use of technical services of vendors.
- Drive vendor selection and consolidation.
- Initiate search for new or alternative materials or products.
- Investigate and approve the facilities, quality and financial responsibility of potential suppliers.
- Actively support the responsible sourcing projects implementation (Sedex, Audits)
Negotiations and Contract Management
- Solicit and analyse quotes, negotiate prices and delivery terms and investigate invoice discrepancies.
- Negotiate annual and long-term contracts
- Implement local agreements and support the financial targets as outlined by IM&S Procurement.
- Perform out local negotiations with suppliers and ensure adequate contract cover within the portfolio within the value of spend specified by the Regional
- IM&S Procurement Manager and the Global Delegation of Authorities/Signatories policy.
Report, Process Management and Documentation
- Provide market conditions, pricing, shortages, or technical information to Global Category Managers and make recommendations.
- Integrate the IM&S processes so as to conform to the guidelines developed within the SAP and SRM system.
- Maintain existing SRM catalogs and drive the implementation of new catalogs
- Bachelor level, Local Procurement or Commercial diploma
- English and German knowledge is mandatory
- 5+ years of procurement experience within and international environment.
- Experience working as a Site buyer is an advantage
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support