We're looking for a IT Infrastructure Engineer at VARO Energy. Hiring with Homerun.
VARO Energy is an integrated fuel supply company, which refines, stores, blends and distributes oil products for the North West European market. The company owns a refinery in Cressier, Switzerland, a majority share in the Bayernoil refinery, Southern Germany, storage and blending facilities as well as distribution and marketing businesses in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. VARO Energy’s shareholders include private investment company Reggeborgh; Carlyle International Energy Partners, an advisory fund, which is part of the global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group; and international energy and commodities company Vitol.
If you have extensive IT Infrastructure engineering experience and are looking for a job that will present new challenges and allow you to oversee top-level implementation of new designs and technologies, we want you to be our Infrastructure Eengineer. You will work closely with the infrastructure team and management to implement new solutions advise on performance and efficiency recommendations within the established infrastructure. You will engineer mission-focused IT Infrastructure and new system technologies to find the best strategies to meet our requirements
Based from our Cham office you will be responsible for the hands on operation of the existing infrastructure & introduction of new technologies into the VARO IT estate. Reporting to the Manager Computing Platform in Switzerland the role requires a split of operational activities, managing Global Infrastructure and project led initiatives to maintain and enhance the IT services consumed by the VARO group.
The overall Infrastructure team comprises of members spread across 3 European locations making interaction with colleagues and an ability to travel nationally and across Europe a pivotal requirement. The nature of the role also entails some working outside of normal office times so flexibility to working hours is also essential.
• The position requires a self-motivated individual who can work under their own initiative either alone or as part of a wider group with proven delivery experience.
• Support development and implementation of new technologies within a large systems environment by advising on design concepts and changes, implementation strategies and deployment timelines.
• Manage development, testing and deployment of infrastructure technologies to determine capabilities and cost-benefits relationship, and develop ongoing computer systems solutions that meet performance and budgetary requirements. Ensuring compliance with operational requirements for security, performance, reliability and scalability.
• Create through documentation records of design specifications and instructional manuals as necessary to enable all computer systems personnel and end users to interact correctly and effectively with hardware and software systems.
• Maintain and develop data centre operations across two data centres utilising existing virtualised and SAN infrastructure.
• Modern thinking regarding Infra technologies to assist in our digitalization of the Varo Business
• Advise management about critical updates, system malfunctions and vulnerability.
• Managing changes and projects within the area of responsibility.
• 2nd and 3rd level support of all infrastructure systems.
• SLA and Vendor Management.