Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists and developing and promoting the visual arts.
For a maternity cover of 6 months (starting beginning of August 2021 until beginning of February 2022) Art Basel is looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised and driven personality to join our Media Relations team in Basel as
Media Relations Assistant (100%) - temporary assignment
- Support Media Relations team in daily running of the press office, providing administrative support and acting as a first point of contact for press enquiries
- Support Media Relations team in delivering press campaigns around the physical shows and other Art Basel initiatives
- Assist in organizing press engagement events, including media conferences, press trips etc.
- Manage distribution of Art Basel press releases and monitor and circulate press clippings internally
- Manage press photography, including photographer contracts and briefings
- Draft copy for press texts, website etc.
- Set up and facilitate meetings with PR agencies and other internal and external stakeholders and collaborators
- Assist in the preparation of digital press kits and oversee production
- Lead on the press accreditation process for our shows and press events
- Deliver media partner benefits
- Answer basic press questions per email or phone
- Provide ongoing support and development of the Art Basel website
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an art-related field or in communications preferred;
- Interest in the arts and media;
- Some experience of working in PR or in a busy office environment desirable
- Experience in administrative duties and office management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Mailchimp; knowledge of project management and CRM software desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and manage a large number of varying projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work overtime or weekends in the run up to a fair
- Native or near-native command of English and German (written and spoken) a plus
- Entitled to work in Switzerland (the position is based in Basel)
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Mr. Stevens Moser, Head of Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. Please upload your application through this page. Applications by e-mail won't be taken in consideration. Thank you very much.