Idemitsu is a major Japanese energy and materials corporation and we are focused on utilizing our capabilities and assets towards the realization of a sustainable global society. We believe that all solid-state batterywill be a key technology to achieve this purpose in such a society. And also, European auto industry is one of the biggest ones in the world, and has various of start-ups, OEMs, tier one suppliers etc. We are therefore expanding our team at Basel, Switzerland and looking for a Business Development Manager, Battery Technology. This is a new role in one of our key growth areas with a direct link to the Strategy Group, Lithium Battery Materials Department of our headquarters, Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan. For the successful candidate this will be a unique opportunity to contribute to establish Idemitsu’s strong presence in the field of battery materials.
Initially, your responsibility will be to survey, gather and report regulatory, government policy related to European EV industry, business and technical information about developments and trends in our business target field. In close coordination with our team at headquarters you will then build or expand relationships with relevant research institutes, start-ups, OEMs and tier one suppliers, mainly in Europe, potentially leading up to joint development activities and/or a future commercial relationship.
- Gathering regulatory, government policy related to European EV industry such as environmental regulations, business and technical information about developments in the energy storage area (focus on batteries) in Europe and reporting it back to the Strategy Group, Lithium Battery Materials Department of our headquarters
- Identifying key players and influencers in the field and building up relationships with start-ups, OEMs, tier one suppliers etc.
- Propose and negotiate collaboration agreements/supply agreements with suitable parties
- Prepare grounds for future commercial relationship
- You have around or over 10 years of experience as a R&D and/or business development manager or an equivalent in the area of electric vehicle and/or battery industry
- You have solid knowledge on the field of lithium ion batteries and be capable of engaging conversation on technical matters internally, and also with start-ups, OEMs, tier one suppliers etc.
- Doctor degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field is preferred
- Familiar with most common IT programs (e.g. Microsoft Office). More preferably, familiar with scientific literature and patent databases
- Business level of both English and German speaking, writing and reading skill is a must
- You are able to work in a result driven environment with strong internal and external customer focus, flexible to change priorities and tight deadlines
- You have good communication skills, culturally sensitive, enjoy working in international teams and are keen to expand your area of expertise
About Idemitsu Kosan and Idemitsu OLED Materials Europe AG (IOME):
- Idemitsu (Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.) is one of Japan’s leading energy and materials companies. We are in the middle of a transformation to becoming a fully sustainable enterprise in the future. For more see sustainability.idemitsu.com/en
- Idemitsu OLED Materials Europe AG (IOME) is a subsidiary of Idemitsu and our legal entity based in Basel, Switzerland
- Idemitsu and IOME place employees and their competencies at the center of the company, providing them autonomy, independence and a development path
- Idemitsu offers competitive compensation and attractive working conditions as well as the opportunity to work in a multicultural team
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Travel commitment: 20% - 30% (Europe, Japan)
Please send applications by email to email@example.com (or by post to Felicitas Dietwiler, Idemitsu OLED Materials Europe AG, Mattenstrasse 22, 4058 Basel, Switzerland)