Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's talk today.
What you will do
Our Procurement EMEALA Team is looking for an experienced professional who will develop, plan, implement, analyze and execute regional Strategic Purchasing related to assigned Indirect or Direct Materials. We look for candidates who feel comfortable to work in a global organization providing the highest quality and best cost to our factories and operation centers in the EMEALA region.
How you will do it
* Provides strategic procurement programs that leverage the operations of Johnson Controls with measurable financial results globally.
* Develops and executes strategies designed to improve business process productivity, reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability as well as increasing our TWC (Trade Working Capital) aligned with all business units' requirements.
* Supports regional procurement (EMEAand LATAM) teams by enhancing strategy and leveraging expertise and knowledge of region.
* Manages relationship with suppliers, including managing day to day operations, issue & escalation.
* Works effectively with all business units leaders globally to ensure alignment of the global strategy and adoption of best practices.
* Researches, identifies, negotiates and registers appropriate service providers by region/country, to support business unit and plant operations.
* Develops relationship with business unit regional procurement managers to effectively leverage expertise across the organization.
* Develops business review format and common scorecard to evaluate ongoing performance.
* Understands market trends and regulation changes that may affect our business operations and communicate impacts proactively.
* Stays informed of any changes or updates in laws, tariffs, commodity classifications, and regulations at the International, National, Province/State and Local levels
What we look for
* Bachelor or Master's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of 8+ years' experience in procurement roles in direct or indirect materials, ideally working in international environment
* Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze and learn cost structure models in many different regions
* Proven negotiation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively across channels, with business unit personnel, Purchasing staff, to achieve understanding of business goals
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* First experiences in leading people
What we offer:
See Job Description