Based from our Cham office you will be responsible for the hands on operation of the existing infrastructure & introduction of new technologies into theIT estate. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager in Switzerland the role requires a split of operational activities, managing Global Infrastructure and project led initiatives to maintain and enhance the IT services consumed by thegroup.The overall Infrastructure team comprises of members spread across 3 European locations making interaction with colleagues and an ability to travel nationally and across Europe a pivotal requirement. The nature of the role also entails some working outside of normal office times so flexibility to working hours is also essential.
* The position requires a self-motivated individual who can work under their own initiative either alone or as part of a wider group with proven delivery experience.
* Support development and implementation of new technologies within a large systems environment by advising on design concepts and changes, implementation strategies and deployment timelines.
* Manage development, testing and deployment of infrastructure technologies to determine capabilities and cost-benefits relationship, and develop ongoing computer systems solutions that meet performance and budgetary requirements. Ensuring compliance with operational requirements for security, performance, reliability and scalability.
* Create through documentation records of design specifications and instructional manuals as necessary to enable all computer systems personnel and end users to interact correctly and effectively with hardware and software systems.
* Maintain and develop data centre operations across two data centres utilising existing virtualised and SAN infrastructure.
* Modern thinking regarding Infra technologies to assist in our digitalization of the Varo Business
* Advise management about critical updates, system malfunctions and vulnerability.
* Managing changes and projects within the area of responsibility.
* 2nd and 3rd level support of all infrastructure systems.
* SLA and Vendor Management.
* Fluent in English and German, both written and verbal.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a similar role.
* Ability to communicate technical points clearly to different levels within the organisation.
* Ability to work unsupervised and multitask to meet defined deadlines
* Bachelor - IT Studies.
* Knowledge of oil or fuel business.
* Cloud Technologies.