About the Role
As a Customer Base Financials Account Executive, you will partner in business development, selling to prospective key accounts. Your recent success in selling cloud-based Financial applications and products to an enterprise customer base is a strong sign you're an excellent prospect for this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ability to drive a complex sale, operate respectfully in a team selling environment, and have strong project management skills. If you have a stellar sales track record capitalizing on strategic accounts, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
- Initiates and runs sales cycles, maximizing Workday Financial products suite including Accounting, Planning, and Expense Management. You will lead the sales process, negotiations, customer agreements, and closing plans with customers.
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with customers at the executive level.
- You will use your extensive experience within Financials and ERP to help drive demand for Cloud Financial Management in the marketplace. You will employ your consultative selling skills to successfully position Workday as a viable alternative ERP Financial solution.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and provides direction to various extended team members and sales/services resources. With a laugh or two thrown in!
- ~8+ years of professional experience in software sales, including experience in a team selling environment.
- ~5+ years of experience selling SaaS/Cloud based ERP, Financial, Planning, or solutions to C-levels within enterprise accounts.
- ~5+ years experience working within finance and/or with finance executives.
- Deep financial product skills and confidence in developing relationships by conducting business-driven discussions with CFOs and their finance teams. Experience in business transformations in medium and large enterprises, preferably across multiple industries.
- Proven ability in owning and supporting complex sales cycles from start to finish. Demonstrated success with transformational and consultative selling, strategy and running sophisticated negotiations.
- Ability to quickly understand business challenges and create solutions. An appreciation of the responsibilities and challenges of the Finance function of today, with an interest in co-creating desired business solutions.
- You enjoy working as part of a team and contributing best practices to aid the success of all. We believe in a continuous learning mentality.
- Strong organization and communication skills to drive urgency in closing new business. Adept at maintaining accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data.
What we offer:
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You may view the Workday's Pay Transparency Policy, and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, by clicking on their corresponding links.
Workday is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans during our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at email@example.com.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we're combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.