Join a multicultural team that embraces change! We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic assistant — a great opportunity for someone looking for a promising long-term assignment. The position will be predominantly office-based (Zurich City); occasional remote work is possible. It offers an opportunity to work with talented people in a multinational, diverse, and friendly environment.
The Company | The Role
Our client, a leading global specialty commercial insurer and reinsurer, is taking the next steps in its transformation. It is expanding its activities, backed by the resources of a major player in its field. The company is on a dynamic path and needs eager people to help shape it. Thus, we are looking to enhance its team with a self-motivated assistant - happy to get stuck in all aspects of office life, who will contribute to the firm’s core purpose of delivering a positive impact to clients. The role is highly visible, and the assistant will ultimately contribute to the efficiency of our client’s business by providing a varying array of administrative and project-based support to two executives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
?We are looking for someone with
- Serving as the manager of the COO’s and CIO’s calendar; scheduling meetings, reviewing, and responding to incoming requests, prioritizing appointments to ensure they align with business priorities, coordinating travel/logistics, and anticipating and resolving potential issues that may come up.
- Driving the agenda for company meetings, assisting with organizing and coordinating events (leadership meetings, offsite events), ensuring the two executives are clear about what they need to prepare ahead of conferences, and having everything ready on time.
- Acting as the point person for internal and external stakeholders, executing assignments, and representing the office professionally. You are an ambassador for the business at all times.
- Engaging with correspondence, including confidential materials. Drafting management presentations and reports.
- Attending meetings, taking minutes or action notes when required, and dealing with any follow-ups. You strive to be proactive, e.g., asking, «how can I progress this any further?» or «can I take this task off your hands?»
- Managing invoices, expense reports, and budgeting.
- Managing general office administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running and organizing of information, and other resources. Maintaining and challenging internal processes, focusing on continuously improving processes and workflows.
What is on offer?
- A commercial education and/or further education as an Executive Assistant or a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in providing administrative support at an executive level within a global environment.
- Passion about working in an administrative capacity and excitement for growing on this path.
- Top-notch organizational skills while being resourceful, proactive, and helpful.
- Excellent time management with the ability to anticipate needs and stay one step ahead.
- A working style that excels in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Business fluency in English (oral and written). German language skills are at level C1
- Experience using technology to enable efficient working methods, incl. MS-Office and virtual collaboration tools.
- A flexible mindset coupled with high EQ and charisma; a «people person» who loves working with a team and can establish strong working relationships across all levels.
- The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure, especially when handling multiple objectives.
You will work alongside two senior business professionals with a proven track record of growing global businesses and collaborate with friendly, supportive, and highly professional colleagues. Our client cares about the career and professional development of their employees. If you are interested in being part of a business transformation and working in a challenging and rewarding environment, this is a workplace where you can further develop your skills. You will learn new things and never get bored. A competitive salary package will be offered. To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter describing how you meet these essential requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnickel & Fellows | Talstrasse 58 | 8001 Zurich | +41 44 243 86 68