Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking an EAME Packaging Engineering Group Leader (f/n/m) based in Münchwilen AG, Switzerland.
- Lead a packaging group of some 10-15 packaging engineers and scientist delivering the design, development and testing of package components & pack filling systems
- Drive initiatives to identify and implement innovative and sustainable pack and filling solutions
- Support new product introductions by ensuring that pack and filling systems deliver product performance and regulatory compliance
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting in partnership with Formulation, Fill and Pack (FF&P), Procurement, global and regional Process Technology & Engineering (PT&E) Functions in support of a $2bn sales portfolio
- Drive filling and labelling operations technologies including providing technology leadership for smart manufacturing in fill and pack operations to further business objectives.
- Drive continuous improvements and effective governance in functional and cross-functional packaging business processes and data management
What we expect:
- A University degree in material science, mechanical engineering, chemistry or related field with significant technical and leadership experience in the chemical industry
- At least eight years relevant experience in a technical position in, ideally, the packaging or material science field, or in a technical Functional Role
- A good grounding in cross-functional working and leading in an unstructured environment to ensure effective and focused project delivery.
- Proven team leaderships skills
- Readiness to challenge the status quo and drive transformational change in processes and ways of working
- Maintains a strong network of contacts within key stakeholder Functions as well as with key influencers and scientists outside Syngenta
- A highly collaborative approach in working across regions to simplify, harmonise, and continuously improve packaging business processes
- An aptitude for coaching and supporting the professional development of junior technical staff
- You are fluent in English, German preferred
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- Competitive pension fund plan, bonus scheme, onsite doctor, canteen, relocation assistance
- Impactful work in a stimulating and international environment and numerous development opportunities
- Flextime working arrangements with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
Sounds like your next step? We are looking for your online application including all relevant documents (CV, cover letter, diploma, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.