About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
As our DevOps Architect, you will own architecture, design and development of tools and processes of our centralized CI/CD delivery platform and our existing software development solutions (Atlassian, Microsoft and Open Source).
Your main tasks
* Architect and hands-on design and implementation of development platform services to enable internal, hybrid and public cloud targeting development.
* Evangelize new technology trends, identify new opportunities and be an expert defining standards and open source initiatives.
* Provide thought leadership, strategy and lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing technology solutions to improve product quality and velocity.
* Contribute to the operation and improvement of development platform services
About the team
The Development Platform Services team delivers the "paved road" to our developers via our centralized CI/CD toolchain. We provide expert consultancy and support to address software development, high performance computational, infrastructure, platform or tooling issues. In addition, the team plays a leading role in engineering and promoting best practices as well as driving the DevOps transformation.
Ideally, you started your career as a software developer, gained exposure to developing applications using Java/JEE, Spring/Spring-Boot, .NET or another enterprise technology stack is a plus. You also have been exposed to software configuration, delivery, operation and you understand the importance and necessity of highly integrated development toolset that increases developer productivity as well as agility.
Assumed a tech lead role, you are now looking for a job with a global impact and a broad technology mix and cloud exposure (CloudFoundry, Microsoft Azure, Docker, Kubernetes). You have a passion for modern software technology and the ever evolving set of best practices in software delivery.
We offer a career path towards influential roles in Swiss Re's technology management and in our digital transforming & Cloud adoption.
* Hands-on & up-to date development skills (assessed during interview process)
* 5+ years active participation in larger scale software development projects applying industry standard methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
* You have an understanding of Cloud (Microsoft Azure is preferred), IT infrastructure and platform services as well as have knowledge of infrastructure automation, monitoring and security
* Possess solid understanding (usage concepts and technical architecture) of the software development tool chain (ideally Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, or Visual Studio Team Services).
* Strong practical experience with modern Software Development practices (DevOps, CI, CD) and concepts / new IT landscape (Containers, Infrastructure as Code, Automated Deployments, Micro services, Cloud).
* Experienced in a leading function, including planning, prioritizing and administrating work is a plus.
* Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem resolution capabilities with strong communication and collaboration skills (team internal as well as towards customers and stakeholders).
* Change embracing and forward thinking mindset with strong "customer first" attitude with an emphasis on responsibility and ownership of customer requests.
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 60125