As a Support Engineer, you will be part of the Support Team within our Customer Success Department, which includes the others being Academy, Community, IT Infrastructure and Applications Development.
As a Support Team member, you will be responsible for handling bugs and feature/change requests for the Appway products, which require knowing the Appway product in and out, from the front-end components to the back-end services.
You will need to use debug tools, logging facilities and even Java code level analysis to find the root cause of problems that can’t be solved at the solution level. You will be responsible for their thorough investigation to provide the Product Team with requests that have all the necessary information and are easy to understand and reproduce. You should also be capable of handling the communication with the Client’s counterpart to obtain all the information required to solve the issue and to update the client on the progress of the analysis/issue resolution.
In addition, with the experiences collected during the day to day job you are also expected to suggest enhancements and reworks aimed at increasing the robustness of our support process and our support platform as feed with resolution explanations our Community knowledge base.
Are you the perfect fit for Appway?
- You are a great and quick problem solver, capable of getting to the bottom of an issue by leveraging a wide variety of investigation techniques. You have a positive, “can-do” attitude with a dedication to continuous improvement
- You like to work as part of a Team and you are able handle Cross-Team communications within Appway
- You are a people-helper, willing to support Colleagues and Clients to remove their roadblocks in a timely manner
- You can handle Client’s pressure in case of urgent issues
- You are organized and able to follow the ticket steps closely, from the opening to the resolution phase
- You are a fast learner, passionate about technology and software, always looking forward to learnnng new paradigms and techniques
- Manage the assigned support tickets, from the investigation up to the resolution
- Manage the priorities and escalations with your Team Lead, if required
- Contribute to the enhancements of our Support Process and our Support Platform and its associated tools
- Instruct Colleagues and Client’s administrator on our constantly evolving support Platform, coach them on the Appway support tools usage and make sure each ticket is entered following the process
- Feed the Appway Product Team with feature requests, bug reports and ideas that help us improving the products and driving the roadmap closer to the market needs
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent background
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on, deeply technical, software development
- 1+ years of experience in Client facing job roles
- Fluent in English (C1), every other language is an asset
- Experience in supporting at least one large enterprise software architecture project, where scalability, security and data integrity topics were relevant concerns
- Experience in supporting at least one three tier Web Application and good understanding of the technologies belonging to all the three
- Knowledge of Java
- Experience as a technical support agent, including Java level investigations to find the root causes of a problem
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including SQL language proficiency
Ms Mary Rohmeder
+41 43 204 0925