Our client, a multinational business, is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their legal team. The role directly reports to the General Counsel of the business.
Senior Legal Counsel
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- LLB or LLM qualifications from a DACH region (Germany, Austria or Switzerland) University would be required.
- At least 5-10 years experience within financial services, esepcially knwoledge of Swiss financial & European financial law
- A High level of MS Skills
- Strong team player with clear communications skills
- Fluency in English and Swiss German/German mandatory.
- Strong knowledge in compliance topics, such as KYC, AML, market regulations is mandatory also.