SCOR is the 5th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
SCOR's aim, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
Reporting to the Head of Global Lines Pricing, the role-holder will lead a team of analysts in charge of modelling Global Lines related cat business. This comprises all Agriculture business as well as the Nat Cat part of Marine and Engineering. With a strong focus on providing technical modelling and pricing support for these Global Lines, you will have the overall responsibility for the technical robustness of the models and methods used.
Working in close co-operation with the Underwriting heads of the concerned Global Lines, you will lead this dedicated unit in providing analytical modelling in support of underwriting. The role-holder will draw on his/her extensive technical and commercial experience in co-ordinating development of new and ad hoc modelling solutions in response to market developments and new initiatives.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of dedicated modellers/pricers, all based in Zurich
- Ensure timely and consistent pricing of all business
- Provide technical modelling support for writing Agriculture/Marine/Engineering reinsurance business, including the development of new models/tools in collaboration with and support of clients/underwriters needs and/or in conjunction with third party service providers
- Work alongside underwriting colleagues in better understanding client / market risk through:
- regularly participating in client meetings or calls
- giving structural advice and new ideas
- drive demand-based product innovation
- Coordinate all projects conducted by the team
- Provide independent technical view, feedback/challenge and suggestions to underwriters
- Understand client motivation and deal rationale
- Weather risk/climate analysis, including exploring dependency with P&C Division Lines of Business
Required experience & competencies Experience:
- Management of people and projects
- (Re)Insurance including development/structuring of insurance products, pricing/modelling of financial instruments and/or reinsurance contracts
- Modelling experience in at least one of the concerned Global Lines Agriculture, Marine, or Engineering is desirable but not a must
- Knowledge in Agriculture (Re)Insurance, its products, and modelling considered a plus
Personal and managerial competences:
- Strong managerial capabilities
- Accurate and reliable working attitude
- Creative and open to new solutions
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken); additional languages are an advantage
- Willingness to travel (world-wide) from time to time
- Team player personality with strong leadership and communication skills
- A strategic thinker who finds creative solutions
- Strong sense of reliability and responsibility
- Advanced degree in mathematics or related field or Agriculture Engineer / Agronomist or Meteorologist, Climatologist, any comparable scientific background