Project Manager - Accounting & Finance lead (1-year assignment) - w/m/d - TNT Swiss Post GmbH
Project Manager - Accounting & Finance lead (1-year assignment) - TNT Swiss Post GmbH
Who we are:
TNT Swiss Post GmbH, one of the leading express courier service providers in Switzerland, is the successful continuation of the TNT Swiss Post joint venture together with FedEx Express Switzerland in which FedEx has the majority holding. The joint venture benefits from the international network of FedEx, the unmatched European street network of TNT as well as of the expertise of Swiss Post, a major participant in the national logistics market, and its national post office network. The company’s headquarters are in Oftringen. It runs additional offices in Basel, Geneva and Balerna.
We are looking for a:
Project Manager to take the Accounting & Finance lead for a 1-year assignment, covering Switzerland and Austria.
Start date / Place of work: Asap for 1 year / Oftringen, AG, Switzerland
Function / Sub-function: Finance / Accounting
Reporting line: Can report to Senior Manager or above
What the job entails:
- The job involves project management responsibility for transformation of the accounting activities within the Accounting department of 2 entities (TNT in Switzerland and Austria). It requiresl taking the lead of the following projects: transformation (automation, standardization, centralization and outsourcing of accounting activities) and merger of entities within countries in scope (Switzerland and Austria).
- It encompasses responsibilities in function-specific areas such as Purchase to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Control, Technical Accounting, US GAAP, Local GAAP, Process Specialization, End-to-End Insights, Company Transformation, and Global Business Services.
- It requires a combination of strong finance and accounting knowledge with project management experience, and business and technical expertise.
How you will work internally:
- The role includes leading and/or cooperating with a team of people at one or more specific location(s), with other functions within Finance and across the business, as well as with our outsourcing company (BPO). The overall team includes contractors and employees at Clerical and Professional level in the Accounting & Controls functions.
- You will lead project team players through projects involving process changes and merger of entities. The responsibility includes establishing appropriate internal controls and project governance, supporting design and execution of the implementation process, including business requirement gathering, process documentation and solutions design, implementing change management strategies, ensuring stakeholders and teams are trained and adjusted to the new processes. You will ensure that assigned project activities are completed on time, effectively, and in compliance with requirements. You will perform several leadership duties during the project lifecycle, including analyzing, summarizing, management of documentation, and transformation of current activities within Accounting to the end state processes.
- Your work will involve forward planning and organizing your own and all project-related work short-term and throughout the 1-year period, developing project plans, as well as coordinating process improvements, systems implementation, or the implementation of best practices within the Accounting sub-function. This could encompass the development and implementation of departmental / functional policies, procedures, or strategies within Accounting in the areas impacted by the merger of entities.
- No direct team management will be required. You will build and work with cross-functional teams, and project manage the team performance regarding tasks assigned within the framework of project delivery. This includes coordinating across departments, providing guidelines, support, and timely communication, and ensuring that team members have the competencies, capabilities, and tools to consistently deliver on individual and team objectives within the project tasks. You will oversee the team projects and project-related process transformation initiatives to deliver the expected results within time and budget. You will lead and/or participate in the implementation phase of approved solutions.
- During the project lifecycle, you will frequently need to communicate goals and expectations to team members, and executives. You will share progress, and ask organizational leaders questions, present findings to stakeholders, and effectively link and coordinate with team members and departments. This requires regular interaction with the Finance team, First Line Management of Switzerland and Austria, Senior Management of the region, and Directors, and might include regular interaction with Officers (VP and above).
You bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role is essential (Finance manager/ Head of Accounting/ Finance Project Lead)
- Very good English and German are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Business or similar area
- Strong experience and knowledge of accounting, including PTP and RTR areas, solid project management experience (e.g projects of transformation of processes, outsourcing of accounting activities, cooperation with BPO, projects of mergers)
- A hands-on approach, with excellent multitasking skills, good attention to detail, and effective time management
- Very good written & verbal communication, including motivating people, and presenting all aspects of projects along the entire project lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Windows applications
- Experience in matrix organizations with US headquarters is an advantage.
- Technical subject matter expertise in maintaining and developing relevant accounting standards and meeting external requirements (including international, regional or country regulations)
- Strong skills in the following additional areas: Financial analysis, Judgement & Decision Making, Project Team Leadership, Planning & Organizing
We offer you:
- A fast moving, international environment
- A pleasant workspace in our new Swiss Headquarters office in Oftringen
- 5 weeks of holiday
- 41 hour work week
- SWIBECO meal card
How to apply:
- Please send your complete application in English using the "Bewerbung" (Application) button provided to you in this space. Thank you!