About Echo Re
Echo Re was founded in 2008 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the German DEVK Group. Its Treaty Reinsurance portfolio covers all P&C lines of business from cedants in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.
You will join a small international team with a proven track record in building client relationships of mutual relevance. Our decision-making processes are refreshingly pragmatic, our hierarchy flat.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and based in Zurich, you will use our actuarial pricing tools to help underwriters identify profitable business, develop the tools to improve their relevance and efficiency, and work on other important actuarial projects.
- Main Task: Pricing of Property, Engineering, Motor, Marine and Energy reinsurance treaties from our target markets
- Close co-operation with underwriters to understand the information supplied by cedants and explain the pricing tool output
- Maintenance, development and documentation of the actuarial models, parameters, and benchmarks
- University degree in a scientific/numerate discipline
- Actuarial qualification (SAV, IFoA, CAS etc) achieved or on-going
- At least one year of experience in Non-life treaty pricing with NatCat modelling experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel and associated programming languages (e.g. Python, R, VBA) is a must, MS Access or similar is an advantage
- Good team player with ability to communicate constructively with internal and external parties
- Able to work independently when required
- Good command of English with some knowledge of Spanish useful
Interested candidates must be eligible to work in Switzerland, and should send their application letter and CV to our Human Resources department:
Please note that we can only consider direct applications.