- You'll be responsible for the daily operations (bugfixes, system optimizations, high performance tuning) of our SQL Server, MongoDB and Elasticsearch database systems.
- You evaluate new database technologies and shape the future of our database landscape.
- You develop and maintain scripts (T-SQL, PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.) to automate our infrastructure running on Windows and Linux.
- You will be involved in our support and incident management process
- You consult our software engineers on database design, query optimizations and best practices.
- You keep your cool when incidents occur and are able to get the system up and running again.
- You have several years of experience with highly available database systems operations.
- You have comprehensive understanding of database structures, database management, and query performance tuning.
- You have good knowledge of and can easily develop database queries, stored procedures and functions.
- You can easily build and maintain Windows and Linux systems to support database workloads.
- You have a higher level education in the field of computer science (ETH/UNI/FH).
- You are willing to ocassionally take on maintenance tasks off-peak hours, late in in the evening or sometimes during weekends.
- Good German and English skills (min. B1) are essential to actively participate in the communication.
- You will get a well-structured on-boarding process so you can settle yourself in with our product development.
- You get to work with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch - our 3 "big ones."
- You get to work on large scale, highly available database systems.
- You choose your workplace: work fulltime from home or in our office in Zurich.
- You will join a fun team with a respectful and direct communication practice, who love what they are doing and live by our company values.
- Take part in our fun events ranging from hackathons, hiking, ski weekends, LAN parties or Friday night drinks.
- Join after-work events and drinks in our own bar called "Pause".
- We offer special employee conditions on our whole product portfolio on www.digitec.ch and www.galaxus.ch.
- Our Software & Software Development
- Our technology radar:
- Our company values
Ihr Kontakt für diese Stelle:
Digitec Galaxus AG
044 575 98 20
Digitec Galaxus ist Teil der Migros-Gruppe.
Für weitere Stellenangebote besuchen Sie migros-gruppe.jobs