PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Manager Tax will be responsible for managing compliance and reporting requirements for the groups European entities in various countries. Additionally, he/ she will partner with a number of the finance teams to implement strategies, policies, processes. You will become a pivotal member of the team and work collaboratively with the VP of Finance Europe on a variety of ad-hoc projects whilst promoting awareness across the business. This function focuses on compliance, ensuring the Company meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax filings and maximizing VAT refunds in a timely fashion. Alternatively, he/she will advise management on how to minimize tax liabilities at the group level. The Senior Manager Tax reports directly to the VP of Finance Europe.
• Clarify VAT treatment upon new transactions;
• Ensure proper issuance of documents related to VAT;
• Maintain filing system for declaration purposes;
• Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of VAT transactions;
• Responsible for VAT declarations and treatments;
• Check upon VAT clauses in contracts;
• Set up VAT documentation and keep it updated;
• Maintain a manual for VAT treatments for vendors’ and accounting personnel’s use and have them trained accordingly;
• Performing monthly/quarterly/annual VAT reconciliations
• Reviewing monthly VAT journals
• Liaising with internal teams including AP, finance and production to obtain necessary information for indirect tax processes
• Assist in the administration of the period end close process for the finance team, ensuring that relevant deadlines are met
• Analysis and support with implementation of changes to VAT legislations
• Liaise with VAT consultants in various countries;
• Maintain contact with VAT Tax Authorities as well as assisting possible audits upon necessity;
• Set Up VAT codes in the system including related reports;
• Other general VAT related tasks and reports upon need
• Responsibility for ensuring compliance of excise duty data collection, review, consolidation, preparation and payment of monthly duty liability.
• Responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of accounting for excise duty in the general ledger
• Responsibility for ensuring any changes in the business are understood and the appropriate actions planned and taken to ensure properly reporting and compliance.
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all excise duty stakeholders
GENERAL TAXES INLCUDING INCOME TAXES
• Researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both Switzerland and EU;
• Preparing and submitting income tax returns by the deadline;
• Liaising and negotiating with varying tax authorities;
• Producing reports as needed
• Part-Qualified / Qualified accountant
• Possesses and demonstrates real analytical skill and can apply a logical approach to new challenges
• Be a strong communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business and across various teams
• Have a questioning and inquisitive mind - not afraid to ask questions or challenge convention, nor to drive improvements and efficiencies as appropriate
• Able to analyse and interpret significant quantities of financial data and relate back to business issues.
• Be flexible and adaptable, understand the overall goals of the team and actively seek to help achieve them
• Ambitious, enthusiastic and looking to progress within a reputable and fast moving organisation.
• MS Excel - advanced level, to be able to create spreadsheets and formulas
• Excellent German and English skills (written & verbal); French is an advantage
• Experience in the cruise industry and in with Navision software is an asset
• Stress resistant, calm under pressure, team player and with a positive appearance
• Excellent computer skills; must be able to work independently
WHAT WE OFFER
• Flexible working hours
• Onsite employee restaurant (including complimentary soft drinks, juices and coffee)
• Regular company events, e.g. sports games, BBQ, cooking classes
• A modern working environment with height-adjustable desks
• A dynamic and fast-growing environment where you can drive your future
• A free cruise for you and your +1 every two years
• Discounts on cultural events and sports activities
Please apply via our website www.vikingcruises.com/careers including your CV and cover letter in English.