Welcome to the world's most exciting industry! One in four Swiss residents relies on Sunrise on a daily basis - from their very first e-mail in the morning to their evening movie. That means our performance really matters. And that's why we are looking for employees who are truly passionate about what they do.
Backoffice VAS Engineer (f/m) 100%
Duties and responsibilities:
- Second line support with necessary expertise to troubleshoot Customer Trouble Tickets and Network Trouble Tickets
- Provide guidance and implementation for software delivery and upgrades
- Provide technical reports to identify cause of problems, and give preventive guidance to avoid same problem happen again
- Escalate the trouble ticket to Third level support (Vendor or Engineering) when not able to solve it and follow up until solved
- Responsible of the KPI and SLA of VAS systems
- System configuration - prepare implementation, rollback plan, call a review meeting and execute configuration requests
- Traffic monitoring on each VAS NE, routine inspections and execution of daily/weekly preventive maintenances
- Emergency Handling
- Project Support
- Provide stand-by service (24/24h-7/7d), as per local regulations.
- Bachelors or master's in engineering/Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Unix operating systems (Red Hat, SuSe, Solaris, etc.)
- Good knowledge in databases (MySQL, Oracle, Informix, LDAP)
- Programming and scripting knowledge (C, C++, Java, HTML, PHP, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Good social, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team professionally and personally with different reporting schemes
- Trouble ticket management, prioritization, fault diagnosis, remote fault resolution, management and good troubleshooting skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network operation/system support
- Experience in VAS products is a must (like SMSC, MMSC, Voice Mail, USSD, OTA, SDP, etc.)
- Familiar with O&M and technical support workflow
At Sunrise, you will be working in a dynamic environment where a lot can be achieved through dedication. A wide range of opportunities for professional development will be available to you. In addition to progressive employee benefits, you will receive attractive telecommunications offers.
We believe that teamwork is the key to making work fun. Do you agree? Then seize the moment and apply online!
Please note that we only accept applications via our online tool.