Roles and responsibility:
• Continuous improvement of existing big data platform (size > 5PB) hosted on Cloudera stack.
• Adding data nodes, Cloudera services and support.
• Handling hive, impala, spark processing issues.
• Integration of API calls with Hadoop and analytical processing layer, using python and shell scripting.
• Setting jobs for cluster admin automation.
• Platform tenant support, such as access, setting up new control-M jobs, onboarding tenants, resolving security/access issues.
• Setting up jobs for feed transfer, ingestions.
• knowledge of Hadoop components such as HDFS, Spark, HUE, Impala, hive, HBase and Kafka.
• Should able to understand Hadoop security such as Kerberos, impersonification, ACLs etc.
• Basic programing skills in python and shell.
• Should know batch processing framework such as Rundeck, control M.
• Strong Unix skills will be advantage
• Hadoop admin using Cloudera will be advantage
• Excellent organizational skills as well as a very detailed and efficient work approach
Cognizant Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 75 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 220,000 employees as of October 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: @Cognizant.