The Swiss Finance Institute (SFI) is a not-for-profit foundation created in 2006 and has been ranked as the No. 1 finance research institution worldwide by W. P. Carey School of Business (based on A-journal publications in the field of finance)in 2019. Its purpose is to promote world-class research and education in Switzerland in the field of banking and finance. Through its support for fundamental research, doctoral training, knowledge exchange, and continuing education, SFI enhances the advantages of Switzerland as a scientific and financial center, with results that are useful and relevant for research purposes and in practice. With support from its founders—the Swiss banking industry, SIX Group, and leading Swiss universities—SFI combines academic excellence with practical experience. Based in Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano, and Zurich, SFI comprises 150 academics and a small foundation staff.
A central field of activity of the institute in this context is the knowledge exchange between the Swiss banking industry and academia. To complement the Knowledge Exchange & Education team in Zurich, we are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and highly motivated
In your role of Project Director, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management of corresponding initiatives ranging from industry-oriented research projects, banking- & finance-related publications like SFI’s Public Discussion Notes to special events and conferences. In this role, you act as the core nexus between high-level representatives of the industry as well as academia. You will help to ensure the professional implementation of the unit’s strategy while respecting efficient resource management. Together with your colleagues you will ensure highest quality standards for industry oriented SFI projects and activities. You report to the Head Knowledge Exchange & Education and liaise with high-seniority partners from the finance industry and academia.
What we expect
- You have successfully completed your PhD in finance or economics .
- You have gained professional experience in the banking and finance industry, including leadership experience in the context of project management.
- You have an excellent understanding of and an established network within the Swiss banking and finance industry.
- You are comfortable presenting to as well as dealing and negotiating with senior representatives from the banking industry and academia.
- You can communicate at ease in English and German, both spoken and written. Other language skills are most welcome.
- You are willing to go the extra mile, are curious of the whole while careful about detail, sensitive to confidentiality, and have an outgoing and entrepreneurial approach.
- You are able to analyze, structure, and control multiple parallel tasks and you are experienced and have an affinity with modern communication technologies and e-platforms.
What we offer
- Valuable insights into the world of banking and finance as well as the opportunity to extend your network among high-profile contacts, within both the banking industry and academia.
- An autonomous role with the responsibility of handling a broad range of high-impact tasks.
- Opportunities to bring in ideas, build new initiatives, and take the lead on their development.
- A highly motivated and intellectually inspiring team, which is small and excellent in collaboration.
- A flexible working environment, which fosters modern and agile working methods.
Please send your electronic application including your salary expectations to Rebecca.Frank(at)sfi.ch.
For more information about the Swiss Finance Institute please visit www.swissfinanceinstitute.ch.