Masimo Corporation is seeking a Senior Accountant to join a team of skilled accountants in its international finance and accounting operations headquartered in Neuchatel, Switzerland. The position is part of a team responsible for general ledger accounting and financial analysis for the Swiss International principal company and International sales entities across Europe, Middle East, Latin America and Asia. The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing general accounting, indirect taxes, and overall finance and control activities of a number of key international entities. This position also participates in other related accounting and reporting projects.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly US GAAP close for a group of Entities:
- Prepare monthly GL activities, journals and accrual
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Supervising system close process
- Analytical review
- Key involvement in Reporting activities:
- Data and analysis provider for key functional areas of the Company
- Responsible for Local law compliance for a group of Entities:
- Prepare Statutory Financial Statements
- Direct and Indirect tax return filing support
- Prepare underlying information for VAT returns payment and filing
- Others local specific requirements
- Primary interaction with external consultants
- Active support in internal and external audit activities and oversee timely remediation of any findings or follow up items
- Ensure compliance with the company policies, SOX and other control procedures
- Project development:
- Consistently improving efficiency internal controls, business and system processes
- Handling ad hoc cross functional projects.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant financial experience in a multinational environment with at least 2 years in similar role.
- Driven, able to work independently in an efficient manner and keen to take on new responsibilities
- Pro-active, team player oriented, reliable and hands-on approach
- Willingness and ability to recognize and adapt to changing business requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge in local statutory requirements, direct and indirect tax in a and/or various European country(ies) recommended
- Experience working in an Audit company and multinational environment is an asset
- Team supervision experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and good general understanding of ERP systems
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, fluency in a second language will be a plus