Verity is looking for a Requirements Engineer to join our growing team!
Do you have a passion for puzzling out solution approaches and creating the foundation for a successful large-scale commercialization of new systems? We are looking for a motivated and target-driven personality to help us translating user needs and desires into technical solutions of our industrial drone application. You’ll work closely with Product, Solutions, and Development to eliciting, documenting, validating, and managing requirements in the engineering design process.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity's integrated inventory tracking systems enable zero-error warehouses for some of today’s most notable big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Elicit & analyze the overall context of the component solution to be created
- Model interrelationships between processes, structures, data flow and user interfaces
- Bridge the gap between a problem or business need and potential technical solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elaborate and specify their requirements
- Identify and resolve conflicting goals regarding technical requirements
- Formulate complex, functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review requirement specifications (e.g. write user stories) for new features, change requests and support cases
- Present and evaluate alternative solutions considering technological, organizational, and economic constraints
- Assist in the creation of test cases to align with product specifications
- Support the engineers in planning, implementing and reviewing the user stories
- Accompany the realization of specified solutions
- Support the product owner in prioritizing the backlog
- Process change requests and prepare the corresponding basis for decision-making (change request management)
- Define, improve and document requirements engineering practices and processes
What you bring
- Degree (BSc, MSc, or university of applied sciences) in computer science, business information technology or relevant field
- Relevant certificates in requirements engineering (e.g. IREB, CBAP, CCBA, CPRE, ...) or a completed CAS in business requirements engineering are an advantage
- 3+ years of sound practical experience in requirements engineering or related field, e.g., business analysis, process modelling, or software architecture
- Methodological competence of agile approaches (SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, ...)
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Analytical and conceptual way of working and thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative and an exceptional sense of responsibility (can-do attitude)
Who you are
- Team player with high problem-solving competence, and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals (architects, engineers, and UX designers) and ensure collaboration for efficient delivery
- Open and positive mindset (error culture), particularly in case of unplanned hurdles and setbacks
- Optimistic, resilient and perseverant attitude with a confident approach to complexity
- Agile and lean management mindset with a learning attitude
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skill and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Apply for this position today on the Verity jobs portal.