What we offer
Echo Re was founded in 2008 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of DEVK Group. The Portfolio consists of treaties covering all non-life lines of business from cedants in Asia, MENA, Latin America and Africa. We have started to build an agriculture portfolio across 25 countries. Our approach is guided by a bottom-line focus and not by pure growth targets.
The candidate will join a highly professional team with a proven track record of building client relationships of mutual relevance. Our decision-making processes are refreshingly pragmatic, our hierarchy flat.
The holder of this position will report directly to the Head Agriculture based in Zurich.
The ideal candidate has a strong affinity for mathematical/statistical analysis. She/he enjoys screening the market for profitable business in using mainly actuarial pricing tools.
- Analyse and price submissions received from business partners globall
- Contribute to the development of regional strategies
- Use weatherforcasts, climate models, crop growth models for plausibility checks
- Assist in developing deal options for negotiations
- Entertain risk transfer discussions based on actuarial best practice
- Ensure dataquality through accurate system entries
- Assist the team on regular portfolio monitoring and reporting tasks
- Represent EchoRe in client meetings and conferences
- Support the team in positioning EchoRe as a global player in the segment agriculture
- Willingness to engage in developing unique selling propositions
If you are searching for an opportunity to support the profitable growth of our Agriculture business, we are looking forward to your application.
- University degree with a mathematical focus
- IT skills: MS Office, statistical analytics, experience with actuarial pricing tools
- Language skills: good command of German and English plus one additional language of global commercial importance
- Experience in agronomy, environmental science, reinsurance underwriting is a plus
- Highly motivated, autonomous worker
- Stress resistance
- Good teamplayer with high integrity
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter and CV to
our Chief Financial and Operating Manager Gregor.Schulte@echore.com.