Schroders, with headquarters in London, employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We also specialize in providing high-quality private assets solutions to our clients.
For our ILS Team in Zurich we are looking for a highly experienced and senior Analyst/Actuary. This person will be responsible for supporting the Portfolio Manager(s) for Life ILS and other members of the Life ILS team; you will play a key role in contributing the further development of the Life ILS business and report to the Head of Life ILS.
Analyst/Actuary, Life - Insurance Linked Securities (ILS)
- Lead role in monitoring the ongoing performance of structured life reinsurance/ILS assets within the existing Life ILS portfolios.
- Regular valuation of assets within the existing Life ILS portfolios.
- Provide support for investor reporting Life ILS portfolios.
- Support the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of candidate life and health transactions, including transaction-structuring aspects.
- Support transaction processes, including management of, and communication of due diligence findings to, relevant stakeholders. Stakeholders include other Life ILS team members, Schroders portfolio managers, external investors, transaction counterparties, and the outsourced reinsurance administrator.
- Support the marketing of structured life solutions.
- Degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, finance or related field
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in a life insurance environment
- A thorough understanding of life insurance markets and products, as well as related concepts, such as mortality/lapse risk, embedded value and economic/regulatory capital
- A background in reinsurance, consulting or investment banking is preferable, ideally with a working knowledge of life insurance transactions
- Fluency in English, written and verbal, is a must, any additional language a plus
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in other teams and across technical fields
We offer a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich main station at Central. Please apply online with your complete application. Only direct applications will be considered.
Schroder Investment Management (Switzerland) AG
Pfingstweidstrasse 60, CH-8031 Zürich, Schweiz
Tel: +41 (0)44 250 11 11