Location: Zürich / Start: As soon as possible
YOUR TEAM AT FELFEL
FELFEL is a start-up based in Zürich, Switzerland. The company has revolutionized the way people eat at work with its intelligent technology and the FELFEL fridge. FELFEL is one of the fastest growing start-ups in Switzerland with over 90 employees and over 400 companies we serve.
You will be working directly with our CEO and founder Emanuel, who focuses his time on new business development. FELFEL is a family owned business, therefore you can expect a ‘warm’ culture, little red tape and a challenging work environment.
You are the right hand of the CEO and will support him in executing strategic projects and coordinating projects which span across teams. The role is exceptionally broad in scope, offering exposure to a large variety of topics and stakeholders – a few examples below.
STRATEGIC PROJECTS MANAGER
NEW BUSINESS LINE
- Help our CEO to manage the launch of our new coffee business, including coordination with all our internal stakeholders (tech, marketing, sales, operations, quality, etc.) and external stakeholders (agencies, designers, roasters, etc.
- Help our CEO to become more end-customer focused: Get up close with FELFEL end-customers to derive insights on frustrations, pain-points, and additional value FELFEL could bring – start with qualitative work in-person with users and non-users, and then design and execute a small quantitative study to validate your hypothesis.
- Work with our BtoC Marketing and Tech team to think through options for further embedding of feedback into the product
- Conduct business development research on growth areas within Switzerland, identify these targets and develop strategies around them
BUILD KNOWLEDGE CENTER
- As FELFEL has grown, the need for systematic process documentation has as well, in order to effectively onboard new team members and to align internally on how certain processes are done. Within the tech team a wiki-based tool was successfully introduced and deployed and it is also used by some other teams. Now we need to get the rest of the organization on board and bring some basic structure into the overall concept.
AD HOC BUSINESS CASES (select problem statements)
- What is the business case for the FELFEL loyalty program and what are the best practices for setting up such a program: How to deploy, how to measure, and with what internal and external tools and resources.
- Where do you see the next best way to make us more efficient as a company? Make your case and then make it happen!
ASSIST FOR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND BOARD MEETINGS
- The 4-person Executive Committee meets every month to discuss progress in all teams and projects; While many of the projects above would also be presented to the executive committee, some of the projects within the responsibility of line management require follow-ups and hand-holding by you
- The FELFEL Board of Directors meets three times per year and is an opportunity for the CEO to reflect on where we stand, where we want to go, and seek valuable advice from the Board. You work closely with the CEO to prepare the needed analyses and slides for these presentations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in consulting: Consulting know-how is key for this role: structural thinking, problem solving and understanding basics of businesses..
- Analytical skills: You own strong analytical skills, and a passion for the right tools to tease insights out of data and communicate them to the CEO as well as other team members
- Tech skills: You are very comfortable with PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Language skills: English is a must, German or French a plus.
- Sense of humor: Humor is a core value at FELFEL - and as you will have exposure to our customers, of course you need to own that too ;)
- Fast learner: We like to learn new things, fail fast and explore new territories - so do you
- Non-smoker: You never smell like cigarettes and don’t smoke during the day: FELFEL is about healthy living.
- EU/EFTA or Swiss work permit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to be at the heart of the action: Have deep impact and insight in large breadth of projects
- Exposure to FELFEL CEO: you are the right hand of the CEO and work closely with him as well as other members of senior management.
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food: just steps away from your desk – we’ll make all your food dreams come true
- Beautiful office in Zürich, Switzerland and significant travelling in Europe: a large open space on the top floor with lots of room to socialize with (or to hide from) other team members. P.S. there is a Lausanne office, too, where you can escape to every now and then if you like.
- Very little red tape: If you like to get things done, this is your place – we want ‘doers’ not ‘followers’ ;)
- Great place to work: We are a family business with strong values & beliefs - a great, warm-hearted team is waiting for you.
- Barista: Our barista spoils you every day with your favourite coffee. If you prefer tea, she will be just as happy to offer you a wide selection of teas at our coffee bar
- Holidays: Enjoy 5 weeks of holidays every year
- Birthday retreat: On top of your 5 weeks off, take a half day off work to enjoy your birthday
- Transport: Sustainability is important. We encourage employees to use public transport by financing the half-fare card
- Family: FELFEL is a family business with strong values and traditions. We support parenting by giving 1 week of holidays for new dads, 16 weeks for new mums, and paying for up to two days per week of child care
- People: A great international & diverse team (20 different nationalities!) of talented people who turn their passion into a career (English is our company language)
- Makers: We are looking for people who want to make a difference - Ownership is an important FELFEL credo.
- Fun: We 'host' various events, including team aperitifs, sleigh rides, breakfast events and the well-known FELFEL summer & winter-outings… In the summer days we offer working outside in the lake beach clubs or similar locations for a refreshing working day :)
HOW YOU APPLY
Interested? Please click on the link “APPLY NOW” and introduce your details in the form on careers.felfel.ch. We can only consider complete applications submitted via form. We will get back to you latest 72 hours after your application.
What do we need?
- Your CV
- A short video (German or English, max 60 seconds) explaining why you are the right fit for this role (use WeTransfer, Dropbox or Youtube to submit it).
WHO WE ARE, THE FELFEL COMPANY
FELFEL revolutionizes how people eat at work with smart technology. Our intelligent fridge makes it possible - good food all day long for employees at work, created by the best local chefs.
Over 100'000 employees at more than 500 companies in Switzerland already benefit from a FELFEL fridge at work. FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017. The company was founded in 2013 and counts over 100 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of our company culture. You can find more insights on the company and the team on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our website.