The IT Infrastructure Services team is looking for an expert who is responsible for developing, introducing and maintaining build and operations automations for Oracle Databases and Microsoft SQL Servers, ensuring their required availability and performance at Cembra Money Bank. Proven DBA skills are required to deploy, operate, tune and eventually peacefully decommission Oracle Databases and Microsoft SQL Servers.
Oracle and MS SQL Database Administrator
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, deployments, monitoring, emergency response, lifecycle and capacity planning of Oracle Databases and Microsoft SQL Servers in the bank
- Support and ensure incident management outside normal business hours and within SLA
- Research and analyze the workload of existing or new databases and accountable to deliver continuous improvements
- Accountability for the databases hosting infrastructure technology stack including the supporting tools and services (e.g. ASM, RAC, RMAN, OEM, Data Guard for Oracle and Always-On technology with MS SQL) and administering x86 server operating systems of the database servers, e.g. recent versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for running Oracle databases, and Windows Server for MS SQL)
- Define measurements for the availability and performance of the databases hosting infrastructure, recognize patterns with statistical methods and suggest improvements
- Define availability targets, service level objectives, error budgets and how to spend it in order to optimize higher net promotion score and lower total cost of ownership for the databases hosting infrastructure
- Use automation and software as a way of solving problems that had historically been solved manually
- 5 years' experience with both Oracle RDBMS and MS SQL administration, performance tuning and analysis
- Strong reverse engineering skills across different technology domains and highly skilled in PL/SQL and Transact-SQL, experienced with performance tuning and optimization
- Ability to advise developers on how to code better and understanding of banking business products and functional requirements
- Technical confidence for improvisational thinking in case when operating procedures do not work anymore
- Thinking statistically, rather than procedurally, to uncloak hidden anomalies and suggest long-term solutions
- Team player and the ability to work with 3rd party vendors
- Good communication skills and an open style to provide transparency to management
- Willingness to work on standby duty
- English writing & fluency, German is an advantage
Cembra is a leading Swiss provider of consumer finance products and services. Our product range includes consumer credit products such as personal loans and auto leases and loans, credit cards, the insurance sold with these products, SME loans, invoice financing, and deposits and savings products.
We have over 1 million customers in Switzerland and employ more than 1,000 people from 39 different countries. We have our headquarters in Zurich and operate across Switzerland through our network of branches and our online distribution channels, as well as our credit card partners, independent intermediaries and car dealers.
We have been listed as an independent Swiss bank on the SIX Swiss Exchange since October 2013. Cembra is rated A- by Standard & Poor's and is included in the SXI Switzerland Sustainability 25 Index and in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
Direct applications only can be considered.