M&M Senior Developer
M&M Senior Developer
Do you enjoy tackling complex challenges? Do you recognize data as an asset? Are you interested in innovation, analytics and data and its real world application? Are you a strong team player?
We're looking for a Senior Developer to:
* provide hands-on technical leadership in design and development activities on concurrent complex technology and data projects with multi-source, on and offshore teams
* implement various infrastructure and DevOps initiatives using cloud services (e.g. building CI/CD pipelines, setting up web application servers, etc.)
* build solutions with a microservice mindset ensuring maximum reuse and scalability
* evaluate and innovate new best-in-class data management approaches and technology
* work with data analysts in various departments to ensure that data meets their reporting and analysis needs
The current use-cases that the team are working on are: Audio Surveillance using Speech-to-Text and NLP, ML-driven Transaction Monitoring in US correspondent banking, Automated data-driven AML investigations in Switzerland, ML-driven Client Suitability assessment, Using ML to augment the supervisory review process. For all these use-cases the M&M business is working on the model components and IT's role is to enable their deployment on appropriate platforms as well as developing application components around the models (e.g. back-end/front-end web technologies, databases, integrations, etc) for the business to be able to leverage them.
You will be working as part of the newly created Data, Analytics & Reporting team in Switzerland, working closely with the M&M business on building the next generation of compliance applications (Financial Crime Prevention, Monitoring & Surveillance, etc.) powered by ML/AI. This team is part of the wider Group Compliance & Regulatory Governance (GCRG) IT function and will work closely with the other towers who manage the existing financial crime prevention and monitoring & surveillance applications.
Your experience and skills
* significant experience in developing Big Data applications using Spark and Python
* strong experience with continuous integration environments, DevOps principles, automated unit testing and the tools used to support CI and release management required (3+ years).
* experience in building microservices (Springboot, Java)
* experience with modern UI technologies (e.g. React)
* experience using cloud services, preferably Microsoft Azure
* experience working across the full software development lifecycle on multiple enterprise scale development projects in agile environments.
* adaptable and able to work effectively across different technology and business teams
* architecture experience in data management practices with traditional approaches (i.e. ETL, RDBMS, data warehousing and big data)
* possess strong communication and presentation skills, be able to adapt, quick learner, and be able to provide technical expertise across a wide range of technology.
* strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
* professional experience in executing and monitoring various key procedural IT risk controls in key procedural areas such as authentication, authorization, access management, software development life cycle, change & release management, platform security, network security, security monitoring, capacity management, process monitoring & incident management, IT asset management, IT disaster recovery management, record management, data security & governance, physical security and backup.
* experience with Database Design Tools, Enterprise Architect (UML) and Data Modeler like TOAD/Power Designer.
* has financials services IT background or willingness to learn it, preferably in delivering applications to support Compliance & Operational Risk platform
* professional experience in managed services (such as SaaS, DBaaS and PaaS) environments. (Preferred)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS International Recruiting