Are you a systems administrator that has enough experience to feel at ease working in a small team? Are you one of those IT specialists that are at home regardless of the operating system or virtualization platform used? Then we are looking for someone just like you.
Are you looking for an exciting technical challenge to develop your career? In a multinational company that is present in 32 countries and searching for a systems administrator in Switzerland? Then we are the company you're looking for.
Systems Administrator (application & cv in english) m/f
International company is looking for a Systems Administrator to be a part of the team that manages its datacenters in Switzerland. The position is being offered at the company’s office in Zug, and we're looking for someone capable of performing in the following areas:
- Management of the company’s datacenters, based on the VMware virtualization technology in a co-location scenario
- Management of the infrastructure contained in these datacenters, including the installation, setup and basic management of Windows and Linux servers, routers, firewalls, VPN servers, other network equipment, Internet accesses, etc.
- Operational management of the company’s MS Exchange mail server
- Management of the VMware infrastructures, including the virtual machines where corporate servers are hosted, their backups, fail-over with a redundant datacenter in a VMware-based high-availability setup
- Administration of a network monitoring system and other technical support systems such as the ticketing system, the password manager and the secure transfer platform
- Creation and maintenance of relevant documentation
The following experience and skills are considered a minimum for the successful candidate:
- A B.Sc. or higher degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science or other related area of specialization
- Five years of experience in the setup and management of virtualized IT infrastructures (VMware-based), including but not limited to Microsoft Windows operating systems (server & desktop), MS Active Directory, LAMP environments, MS IIS, MS Exchange, MS-SQL and MySQL, WAN (especially with Dell, Palo Alto, Cisco and H&P network devices), WLAN and VPN technologies
- Familiarity with the administration of Internet domains and TLS certificates
- Full command of spoken and written English
Desirable, but not mandatory, experience or specializations that will be considered a plus:
- Experience in dealing with first and second line of user support in a customer oriented manner
- Industry certifications in the relevant Microsoft, VMware, Palo Alto and Cisco systems
- Experience in the installation and basic configuration of MS Exchange, MS CRM and MS SharePoint systems (no design/operational management experience expected)
- An ability to recognize and respond to diverse thinking styles, learning styles, cultural qualities and a global mind-set