Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Product Design Engineer (m/f) will be responsible to connect all aspects involved in the design process, including design, development, marketing and technology. The person will provide product vision, create a roadmap, and bring the product to life while staying focused on the needs of the client.
Our client is a renowned manufacturing company, providing B2C clients reputable consumer durable products worldwide. For our client we are currently recruiting for a Product Design Engineer (m/f).
The selected candidate (m/f) will focus on the following tasks:
For this function within the organization, you provide excellent attributes in communication and execution skills to lead the corresponding business area.
* Degree or certification in mechanical engineering. Industrial design may be considered based on experienc
* Minimum 3 years of experience in product design preferably in engineering or mechanical design.
* Experience in the preparation and maintenance of the Product Engineering data base which includes drawings, reports, procedures, bills of material, and other documents required for the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of the product.
* Demonstrated strengths in molding analysis, quality control and extensive knowledge and experience in pricing and cost negotiations.
* Good understanding of product development, preferably in the consumer durables industry.
* Solid understanding in technology, production methods and materials (such as textiles, metals and plastics).
* Candidate should be results oriented with good project management, organizational, prioritization, and team-building skills.
* Hands-on mentality, flexible and analytical mind-set as well as the ability to work independently.
* Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
* Languages: German (native / business level fluency), English (business level fluency) a must.
* The person should be creative with an eye for shape and color and be interested in the way people choose and use products.
You can be part of a growing and exiting company, which proudly serves their clients worldwide with the best Swiss quality products.
Michael Page Switzerland