Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd. is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: BSLN). It focuses on products that address increasing resistance and non-response to current treatment options in the therapeutic areas of bacterial infections, fungal infections and cancer. The company uses the integrated research, development and commercial operations of its subsidiary Basilea Pharmaceutica International Ltd. to discover, develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products to meet the medical needs of patients with serious and potentially life-threatening conditions.
To strengthen our Legal Department, we are looking for a highly motivated
Senior Legal Counsel (M/F)
- Responsible for contract drafting and review of agreements for all areas of the company including product development, product licensing, technical operations, research agreements, and commercial or corporate agreements
- Leading contract negotiations for legal topics of assigned business operation projects,
acting as legal project manager able to manage and lead legal aspects of projects with the various functions
- Providing legal advice and support on various corporate topics as needed (incl. M&A)
- Act as deputy to the General Counsel in case of absence
- Drafting and developing agreement templates as well as tailored agreements
- Corporate Organization – responsible to support the General Counsel in performing the corporate legal matters required of the Holding Company incorporated in Switzerland, including contributing to preparation of the annual report, preparation of the annual shareholder meeting and fulfilling reporting and other duties required by SIX Swiss Exchange, also responsible for providing advice regarding SIX compliance
- Assisting as needed in international litigation or arbitration
- University Law Degree is required, additional qualifications i.e. bar exam, LLM or PhD are highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years of experience as in-house lawyer is required, experience in practicing law is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical industry is essential, covering areas such as research, development, supply chain and business development
- Able to effectively present legal/compliance topics to senior management
- Able to quickly understand complex questions, identify key issues and work towards pragmatic solutions
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and German, written and spoken , other languages are an asset
We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.
We look forward to receiving your online application including your complete documents. For additional information please contact Ms. Nadine Pfrüner.
Please apply online: http://www.basilea.com/Careers/