Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing and protecting in the building sector and the motor vehicle industry. Sika Technology AG is offering an exciting global position in Zürich-Altstetten to strengthen our team "Adhesive Systems" in the Central Research Department.
We Need Your Skills
- Independently draft, plan and conduct research projects in the area of adhesive and resin chemistry as well as precursors for polymer-based materials
- Generate fundamental and methodological knowledge in the above fields to strengthen our technological capabilities
- Continuously document work results in scientific reports and patents, presented at technical and scientific conferences
Building Trust Everyday
- Ph.D. / M.Sc. in organic chemistry or polymer chemistry with broad knowledge in the field of polymer synthesis and characterization
- Capability of characterizing molecules and polymeric materials by thermal, mechanical and spectroscopic methods
- Ability to carry out in-depth literature and patent research and interpretation
- Willingness to transfer your results from application-oriented research to commercial products and systems
- Excellent communication skills in German and English as well as dedication to presenting project results
- Trust is the most important thing for us. We trust in capabilities of all our Sika team members and reward them with above average freedom and empowerment – every day.
- The chance to bring new ideas, interesting areas for development, and taking responsibility early on are some of the key factors that drive Sika's pioneering spirit.
Sika is a great employer - especially for dedicated people. For further information on this Scientist role please contact Ms Julia Bachmann (058 436 32 12) or apply online through our